1,108 results
All reviews junior suite swim up room a la carte restaurants swim up bar pirate ship market buffet la veranda hot tub wet bar coffee corner kids pool mini bar bubble pool old town day bed bathroom area kids club
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, made better by its staff! All very polite and friendly. It's a big busy hotel, that most of the time never feels like it.
Pool area is great we never had any issues with sun beds at all, whatever time of day, unless you are one of these people who get up at 7 in the morning to reserve the same beds every day you won't have any issues.
We had the junior penthouse suite with jacuzzi which added a whole new dimension to our holiday, it was great!!
We stayed bed and breakfast, breakfast buffet was fantastic, anything you could wish for was there, the staff were amazing. Everything is better than we were expecting, only blemish was we were locked out on our terrace once by a cleaner, but the hotel apologised and acted in the way which you would expect and it never detracted from our stay.
It is a very family orientated hotel with very high standards.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Viva h, Gerente at Zafiro Palace Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Mr. Pfhale,
Thank you for sharing such a positive feedback about your stay in Hotel Viva Zafiro Alcudia. We are pleased to hear that we could exceed your expectations and that you appreciated our services. Looking forward to welcoming you soon again. Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 August 2016

We travelled as a family of 4 with two children under 10 years old.

Originally we booked a junior suite but upon arrival, upgraded to a penthouse suite. (On reflection, we needn't have as although it was nice to have a hot tub and additional terrace space, with two youngsters, we only used it twice). A junior suite would have been more than enough, especially as we were in block 4 which had a great view of the pools and wasn't too noisy at night.

Great to see that the hotel actually attempted to stem the awful practice of claiming beds at the crack of dawn from the phantom towel dwellers! (If you are looking to get a Bali bed around one of the main pools, forget it. The towels were out before 7am and I'm not entirely convinced that some had placed their towels out the night before)! If you were caught offending, you would return to find a card placed on your bed informing you that your items would be removed after 40 mins. Having returned the cards to the lifeguard, we were promptly told 'sorry' and carried on. On several occasions however, we did decided to give up a bed so that a family with children, unable to find a bed around the kids' pool, could get somewhere to sit.

All in all, a great hotel, previous reviews have summed it up well and the location is ideal, just being a few minutes walk to the port and beach.

The rooms are spotlessly cleaned and a great touch having a microwave and kettle (if you perhaps needed to heat a baby bottle) - do search in one of the cupboards above the mini-fridge and you'll eventually find it! Nice having an iron and ironing-board too.

My only gripes - and alas, there are two, are as follows:

1. The service in the bars and grill restaurant were woefully slow. On one occasion, we waited an hour for our food after some delay in being seated at a table, having been passed by several waiters/servers.

2. Although we only stayed for a week, the food in the buffet restaurant became a bit 'samey' after a few days. In other 5* resorts we have stayed in, there were more varieties of show cooking stations.

One word of warning (from my humble opinion) - in terms of the swim up rooms, I did not see the point, since anyone can use them - so if you are looking for exclusive use of a pool by your room, be prepared to find Tom, Dick or Harry taking a dip in it if they felt like cooling off!

The negatives were not enough to spoil the holiday. Especially loved the fact that there are several pools to choose from including the 'wet bubble' which our son absolutely loved and the pirate ship kids' pool which is great for younger age groups.

Would we return again? You bet you.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Block 4 has a good view of the pools.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank TheWife
Viva h, Gerente at Zafiro Palace Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear the wife
thank you very much for your positive feedback about your recent stay at our Hotel Viva Zafiro Alcudia. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your holiday in our hotel. It is nice to hear that you were very pleased with your room and it´s amenities as much as with the facilities of the hotel. Concerning the service you experienced at some points during your stay, be assured that we take note of all your comments as we strive to improve our service on a continuous basis. I sincerely hope I do have the opportunity to receive you back again and assure you of our most attentive care and service during your next stay with us.Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Been here for a week in a swim up suite with my wife and 4 yr old. It's a great place overall, great facilities, kids slides, evening entertainment and buffet so that's my overall summary - very good. Some key points below;

- the swim up suite is good if you want some outdoor space - big soft bed, 2 sun loungers and near 'a pool'. The misnomer is if you think the area outside your immediate garden is exclusive to you (the pool or sun loungers) - they aren't and they might well all be taken. The plus's are the garden (pm sun in block 6), close to all main amenities and if you had a young child to put down to sleep it's very accessible so much better than other room options.

- it is a very busy hotel. That's not necessarily a downside just be aware of it. Main restaurant will get very busy at peak times. The staff do an amazing job, just don't expect a quiet, tranquil setting.

- the pools/loungers do get very busy (fact). It's a little frustrating that I had to concern myself with having a lounger or not but to be fair, we managed to find something each day. Again, just don't expect to wander down at 10am and expect to have lots of choice

- evening entertainment is great. Starts at 9pm (I wouldn't say it's just for kids, it's fit for all) but we found that our 4 year old was firing on all cylinders given the excitement of it all!

- the beach is about a 10 min walk (pleasant). It's a fabulous beach - very calm, clean and the water is Luke warm! Just bear in mind it's not a 2 min walk if that's what you think.

Very good, would definitely consider returning - our daughter loved it too!

2  Thank sax34

Dear sax34.
Thank you for taking the time to provide a very positive review about Hotel Viva Zafiro and recommending it to other travelers. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the hotel facilities, kids slides and the evening entertainment (specially your little one). We do hope that we can welcome you back in future.
Sunny regards form Mallorca,

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We had a fantastic time at this hotel! Clean and spacious room: (we had a junior suite, which was more than enough for a family of 3). Many swimming pools to choose from. My 7 year old son loved all of them. A big thanks to the people working by the pool! They made sure people were following the 40-minute-rule: no activity (only towel) by the sunbed for 40 minutes and they will take away the towel. This made it (almost) impossible for people to reserve sunbeds. I hope the management will keep this very strict rule!

The 4 restaurants were great and so was all the people who were working there. They were very professional and not "too much". The food was very delicious with lots to choose from. Breakfast was wonderful!

The hotel was not very far from the town centre and the beach either. About 5 minutes walk. Perfect location!
If I have to mention anything negative, well I found it a bit difficult to order room service. I phoned the number which was stated at the informations book at the room, but it turned out it was not the right number and I was transferred back and forth.
This is a very minor issue, though! When the breakfast came it was fantastic!
The people at the front desk gave us good service. Nothing to complain about. A bit slow service sometimes, but no big deal. We're on holiday!

There were plenty of activities for children as well. Not a dull moment! My son really appreciated the treat he received on his birthday, without us asking for it. A bowl of candies was put in our room - small gesture which meant a lot to our son and to us.

To summarize, this is a great hotel for families who want to do nothing but relax!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine H

Dear Catherine H.,
Thank you for the time taken to post a review of Viva Zafiro Hotel after your recent stay with us. It is such a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful holiday with your 7 years old son in our hotel. I am glad he loved the swimingpools and the little birthday present of ours.
Your nice words will be shared with the lifeguards by the pool, they will be very happy to hear that their job has been recognized. They are working very hard to satisfy our client’s needs specially when it comes to sunbed reservations.
Once again thank you for your kind words! We hope having the opportunity to welcome you back very soon!
Greetings from Viva Zafiro Alcudia,

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I've been here for one week with another to go and all I can say is that my experience so far is absolutely amazing!!!! The staff, they are all so helpful. They never stop. The cleaners, waiters, bar staff and management all go out of their way to make sure you are enjoying your time. This is a hotel I will definitely be recommending and will be seriously considering coming back to next year!!!!

1  Thank Jetabi

Dear Jetabi,

Thank you for giving us a perfect review and for recommending our hotel Viva Zafiro to other travelers. I am sure that all our staff enjoyed attending to your needs! We hope to welcome you again soon!