1,281 results
All reviews adult only pool self catering viva hotel pirate ship old town main pool pool bar royal terrace room kids club pool view bouncy castle cycling holiday sgt peppers the main block family hotel walk in shower great holiday
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is modern, clean and spacious. Our room was not exactly huge, but the bed was large and comfortable. Air conditioning was also very good. Bathroom and shower all top notch. What struck us was just how friendly and nice the staff all were. There will be issues for nit- pickers but this is a lovely place to stay. Can't comment on the restaurants as we always ate out but the outdoor pools were all lovely. One minor complaint was the loud music played in the pool area during the day, but teens will likely approve of that.

Room Tip: South facing are best as they face away from pool, and are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Restroom that has a leaking toalet AND where the door smacks into your legs when you're sitting down to do your thing is a HUGE no no where I'm from.

We traveled 5 people, 4 in my group and 1 alone in 2 seperate rooms. Guess WHICH one got the BIGGER kitchen, BIGGER bedrom, BIGGER toalet and a BIGGER terrace?

If you guessed the LONE traveler, then you guessed RIGHT !.

Not to impressed with many things at the hotel, like the facts that the Lifeguards around the pools LEAVES at the first sign of rain and leaves EVERYDAY 40 minutes earlier than the what the signs says

Stayed: October 2018
ZafiroHoteles, Manager at Zafiro Tropic, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear glennsoe,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review after your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry to read about your experience with the room. Our engineer has been informed of your experience and will thoroughly inspect the areas you mentioned.

We will also look at the procedure with the lifeguard company on rainy days. I can only apologize for the problems you experienced, but I can confirm that they are being addressed.

I hope you give us another opportunity in the future and we thank you again for your comments.

Best regards,

Pep Escalas
Zafiro Tropic Hotel Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2018

cracking hotel food excellent and pools brillant for the children . ideal location. couldn't fault the hotel except maybe the room size was a little small for a family of 3 but we wasn't in it long so didn't effect out holiday to much

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We were concerned by the mixture of reviews for the Zafiro Tropic. Our experience of the hotel was positive. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment self catering. We were able to check in early and the staff were pleasant. On walking into the lobby our first impressions were good its very clean and inviting.
Our room was a good size with a nice open plan living room and small kitchen. The bedroom had a super king bed which was very comfy and not 2 beds pushed together like most Spanish hotels! The bathroom was a good size with a large walk in shower. The balcony was large and overlooking a side street but that was fine because it was quiet. Okay the decor is a little dated but I'm sure Zafiro will eventually refurbish having just taken over the hotel from Viva. A big shout out to the cleaners who were lovely and did a great job keeping the place clean. We were charged 4 Euros per day to hire a cot which is a little cheeky but we knew this before we booked.
The hotel is large and we never had to search for a sun bed. All the pools were great especially the kids / pirate ship pool which our daughter loved. The entertainment team really put a great effort in to keep the kids entertained.
The best thing for us especially being self catering was the location. You are literally 10 minutes from the marina and 20 minutes from the old town which is a must visit. There are hundreds of restaurants within walking distance and every cuisine to keep your taste buds occupied. For groceries the hotel shop is actually reasonably priced or there is a Spar round the corner or cheaper still Lidl and Eroski are a minute walk away.
Overall don't listen to the negative reviews! We didn't meet or hear anyone having a bad time. If you want luxury 5 star then you best pay to stay somewhere else. If you want a decent, clean place to stay in great a location then the Zafiro Tropic fits the bill.

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank Craig M
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I have to admit that I was very worried about coming to this hotel because of the negative reviews. One in particular really made me anxious. When someone puts that the buildings need knocking down you can imagine my horror. Shame on that person for putting that into a review!
Anyway I needn't have worried at all. This is a very nice hotel. Yes it needs a little painting here and there but I feel sure this will be attended to over the winter period. Our studio room on the second floor was very clean and modern and overlooked the garden. We were very happy with it. Actually we are still here and leave on Monday. As we eat out I cannot comment on the food. Some people have said that the bar prices are high but actually they are less than some restaurants in town.
The entrance to the hotel is very nice and the foyer and bar areas are spotless. There are mirrored pillars in the bar which are immaculate!
All the staff are friendly and hard working and do not deserve any negative reviews!
So if you are worried at all about this hotel don't be. I am very very fussy about anything. You can actually tell that the hotel is slowly being renovated. It's mainly the passages that need attention but they can't do anything about it whilst the hotel is full!! After all you don't sleep in the passage way do you??
As for the location, as has been said before, it's brilliant. There is everything you need very close by.
Thank you Zafiro Tropic management and all staff for making our stay a pleasant one. Oh and would we return, absolutely, yes!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple