2,811 results
All reviews a la carte restaurant animation team happy burger main restaurant burger bar sea view beach volleyball every night pool area bar staff great holiday evening entertainment kids pool plenty of choice t shirt painting ice cream mini disco
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to Condesa de la Bahia, the last being in 2013. I'm happy to say, it is still a fantastic hotel.

As many others will have noted, the biggest problem with the hotel is in relation to the reserving of sunbeds. There are signs everywhere telling you not to do it, but for reasons that I just cannot understand people still like to get up at 6:30am, queue for the doors to open and then stampede to get their favourite sunbed before anyone else. Pathetic. We were told though that if you came down later in the day and wanted a sunbed, you could ask the lifeguard and he would remove any towels that had been reserving a bed for more than half an hour so that you could have it. We never actually tested this out though as being crammed in an area of tightly packed sunbeds (and they have managed to squeeze in even more beds since our last visit, making some areas difficult to navigate) isn't for us anyway. We much preferred to set up camp on the beautiful beach, just down a few steps from the hotel, and then walk the extra 20 metres or so to get back to the hotel pools or drinks facilities if we wanted. There are even some sunbeds on a nice quiet grassy area to the side of the hotel, which don't fill up so quickly but still provide easy access to the beach. So, plenty of options available and no point in stressing about getting the perfect sunbed!!

The best thing about the hotel is the food. The choice available is superb and with plenty of theme nights too such as Mexican, Chinese, Barbecue etc. Even during theme nights though there is still so much other choice available if you're not keen on the theme food - cheeses, meats, fruit, salads, local cuisine. The quality is amazing and applies to whatever meal you're having - breakfast, dinner or lunch. The main restaurant has been extended since our last stay too to include an outside dining area and the smaller restaurant has also received some improvements, making meal times even better.

As already mentioned, the beach is beautiful. There are sunbeds to hire but plenty of space to setup your own mats, tents etc if you want too. The water is lovely and so is the view of the coastline.

Right from the friendly check in greeting, complete with glass of champagne, and all the way through our stay, the staff all work very hard to make things as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. This time our girls were too old for the kids club activities, but it was clear from what we could see that the entertainment team had plenty of fun things for the kids to do. The evening entertainment has also greatly improved since our last visit. It used to be awful, but many of the shows this time were actually watchable!

There were only a couple of things that didn't make this a perfect visit. Although smoking isn't allowed in the restaurants, it is outside. And while this isn't necessarily a problem around the pool, the undercover eating and drinking areas all seem to attract chain smokers! I don't think this should be allowed so close to food as I do not want to be trying to eat while constant clouds of smoke blow across my face! Also, there seems to be a steady stream of coaches arriving throughout the entire night. While not necessarily the fault of the hotel, and overall the corridors and rooms are all fairly quiet overnight, if your room is at the front of the hotel like ours was and your balcony door is open, you're not going to get much sleep!

Overall though, a fantastic hotel and a very enjoyable stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank leeboardman
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Just returned from a week stay with my 5 year old daughter. This was her first holiday abroad and my first time all inclusive.

Food - surprisingly really good! And I like my food, so was dubious having read other reviews. The food was never cold in my experience. Lots of variety at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The theme changed everyday so it was not repetitive. Best pizzas I've had! As for food for my child she ate the best she had ever eaten. If your child only eats chicken nuggets then you might struggle. In saying that the Happy Burger bar by the pool in the afternoon serves burgers, hotdogs, chicken nuggets, popcorn chicken, chips, alphabet potato things etc etc. I found the food gorgeous and made a bit of a pig of myself!

Sunbeds - dire. Being away by myself I was not prepared to wake at 6am, leave my daughter in the room alone to get a sunbed. I did however always find one, although not always in an ideal location. One day I got fed up and trailed one away, that was amongst a group with towels on. Needless to say I never seen any owners of the towels that day so why reserve in the first place. A tad selfish.

Hotel and staff - very clean, the toilets around pools etc spotless and well maintained. The rooms cleaned everyday. Staff very hard working and helpful. No kids club but they have activities around hotel for kids, games etc. My daughter was just happy to play in the pools/slides etc. Beach beautiful and warm, clean shallow waters. Rooms quite small but adequate for my visit. Showers... If you like a long shower well you may have the towels in standby on the floor. The water ran out of shower and outside bathroom one day. I learnt to have quick showers after that. No point complaining just bad design and besides I had a nice view and didn't want to change room. I agree with someone else's comment, no mirrors over the dressing table. One long mirror at front door and no plugs nearby (for those who need mirror to dry hair etc) although there is a plug in bathroom. On that point, hairdryer in bathroom provided by hotel wouldn't dry hairs on a flea.

All in, yes I would go back. Majorca is beautiful and this hotel offers a good base.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lolliepop11

Flight:
From Manchester at silly o clock because I booked late so my bad. Good Thomson's flight though.

Hotel:
Arrived at around 3.30am to a dark deserted hotel. Difficult to see the surroundings at the time. The night Reception staff had our card key and pack available upon arrival. I asked where our room was and was told that it was at the back. I know that when you ask for specific rooms they cannot always meet your expectations but I voiced my concerns to Reception who advised us not to unpack, rest a while, help ourselves to breakfast and return to Reception at 11am and they would leave a note for the morning shift. Polite and helpful. When booking the holiday there was no discussion around additional cost for sea view.

Tourist Tax:
Now payable since July 1st. and you pay on arrival at the hotels it seems. The rate is slightly higher for 4 and 5 star hotels. It is around 2 euros per day per person but I believe children under 14 don't have to pay and it is much cheaper out of season. It goes towards the environment apparently.

Room 129:
We arrived in our room and to be honest I was horrified largely because you couldn't swing a cat in it, I was quite shocked at just how small and dated it was (in comparison to same rated hotels visited and reviewed previously). As it became light it just got worse. We overlooked the bins directly below us down the side road and it was such a dark room, we couldn't have stayed, it was too depressing.

Reception:
Went to Reception at 9am with our cases because we couldn't have stayed in that room any longer. Fortunately the morning shift of ladies were working and were aware of our feelings. They said they would try and find us a different room and to return at 11am. We just hung around Reception. They did in fact find us another room but we had to pay just under £100.00 to secure a pool/sea view room but it was worth it. We got to the room and it had a great view but the room was just so small albeit lighter. Unpacked and began our holiday.

Room 156:
No tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms (take a kettle and mugs, there is a fridge so milk can be bought or asked for), erratic air conditioning, toiletries weren't refreshed (tiny soaps and small shampoo/conditioner). Towers also not swapped out as much as we would have liked. No mirror over dressing table, few power points.

Someone else commented on the thin walls - it is true and different kinds of entertainment could be heard very clearly at night along with the kids that are intent on running along the hotel corridors! It was so much better than 129 that we just took it in our stride.

Beach:
Superb beach on the doorstep, we parked ourselves near enough to pop back for the drinks (all inclusive). It was a little confusing to start with but the system is that the beach is a public one which is fine. The two beds and the parasol are 10 euros per day. If you see the orange tickets saying RESERVED then avoid and go for the parasols without the RESERVED sign and just sit on it until one of the beach people comes along and take your money. You can pay for a day or 10 days which we did (or 9 by the time we figured out the process). It secures your spot in the sun for whatever period you want to pay for.
There are also blue deck chairs which can be taken off the pile and put anywhere on the beach, not sure but they may have been 5 euros also. Sea lovely and warm most days and very clear most days.

Beach towels are available at the hotel and can be secured by a 10 euro deposit from Reception and then refreshed from a wagon at the pool (they turn up about 10am).

Entertainment:
The Entertainment team work their socks off particularly with the children - great work. I had read poor reviews on the entertainment (each to their own of course) so was expecting the worse. There was some tremendous entertainment to be honest so pleasantly surprised. An 80's night where an outside group of guys got people dancing and singing was probably the best, Jackson night, a Lion King performance, the African boys, oh and Bingo of course if you are inclined and more.

Food:
This is where the four stars come in. For mass produced food we couldn't fault it. We experienced a Mexican night, Indian and many other themed nights where frankly the food was superb. Still fascinates me how much people get on their plate but that is another story. Beautiful desserts, cheeses and just a great choice of food. Well done to the Chef and team. Tasty and varied food.

Swimming Pool:
Sardines frankly and the towel placing well...........to see grown men running to get their towels onto the chairs was funny (kind of). Nice smaller restaurant by the pool.

Staff generally:
Were helpful and friendly. Cleaning personally in the rooms I thought could have been better just as our rooms had the same floor stains three days in a row.

Shopping
Town just up the road (left out of hotel to main road and left again and just walk along). Good old TABAC shop in that area. Cigarettes, you would get 400 for around 98.00GBP.
Alcudia is a 7 - 8 euro taxi drive away, great array of shops and restaurants. Order your cab from Reception, sometimes it can be a long wait and people pinch your cabs. Bus stops along the high road also.

Flight Home:
EVE flights (Evelop). I am never quite sure why Thomson's sometimes put you on the EVE prefix flights to come home but on two separate occasions now queuing and checking in has been abysmal. On this recent trip, one queue open when we arrived, another lady arrived but milled around watching the clock until it reached 7am whilst her colleague tried to cope alone with a massive queue. In that wait for her to decide to work (20 minutes) I went and complained to the Thomson's desk and they sent a rep over and she could see that the queue size vs. number of people wanting to check in was against the clock so she organised opening another gate. People were going onto Twitter to complain. When we eventually got to check in the Supervisor was enjoying his orange drink whilst watching on and I asked him why the process was so painful, his response was, we have no passenger lists - I suggested he tell the ever frustrating queue of people what was going on - he wasn't interested. I will avoid non TOM flights like the plague. Thomson, have a word with them please if you are going to use them.

We won't be going back because it wasn't a cheap holiday and the rooms let it down badly but hats off to Entertainment team, some Reception staff and the Chef's/Restaurant staff.

Room Tip: Avoid bin view room 129 :-(
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank Teresa R
Reviewed 12 August 2016

The hotel was clean throughout with the staff paying particular attention to this. Our room was of a good size and standard and again was cleaned on a daily basis to a high standard. The 2 main restaurants were well staffed and the food was really good. Considering that they are catering for a large number of people of different ages and cultures it catered for all. The facilities were good and the entertainment, in the main, to a good standard. The pool is of a good size but, as with every large hotel that I have been to, it was impossible to get a sunbed unless you decided to get up at 6-30am! However, the beach is just a couple of paces from the hotel and is really nice. It is cleaned on a regular basis. The sea was warm with the walk in very shallow. All round a really good experience and will be going back.

Last thing ... every member of staff that we came into contact with were excellent in terms of friendliness and customer care

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2016

First all inclusive stay as a family and is a no brainier with the grandchildren ,they absolutely loved it .Food and drink as much as you like ,presented so there is always something your going to like.Thanks to the hard working bar staff and especially the animation team who work tirelessly .Had two poolside/sea view rooms together which we were very happy with .Hope to return next year.

Room Tip: As a back up we always pack earplugs , even the best hotels can be noisy with suitcases and doors banging in the night,
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family