“Bruce was excellent”
Review of Saltine

Saltine
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 797 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Description: For the diner looking for a fresh seafood and raw bar dining experience, Saltine is a refined but casual experience and is open for lunch or dinner. Featuring a raw bar that showcases the region's finest oysters, clams and shrimp, Saltine's culinary dishes are inspired by the freshest seafood and matched with produce from local farms.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first visit to Saltine and Bruce Green was our server. He was very patient and informative and helped us make excellent choices for our entrees. I had the swordfish and my wife the salmon and they were both extraordinary!

MainNorfolk, Manager at Saltine, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting Saltine and taking the time to leave us a review. We will pass along all the great compliments to Bruce and the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had the pleasure of having Ellisse as our server she was very awesome, hospitable and friendly. We highly recommend the food and staff. Very attentive. Nice atmosphere. We will definitely be back.

MainNorfolk, Manager at Saltine, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting Saltine and taking the time to leave us a review. We will pass along all the great compliments to Ellisse and the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everyone in my group said their food was good. I had the lump crab cakes. They were tasty but for the price, were a little heavy on the breading. Also had some tasty oysters. Our server felt the need to explain everything, and talked and talked and talked and talked on every visit to the table about the restaurant and the food, slowing down the overall service. I don't think you'll be disappointed eating here, but it is pricy.

MainNorfolk, Manager at Saltine, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting Saltine and taking the time to leave us a review. We use all your feedback to better serve our guests. All your concerns will be addressed with the staff. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food and service is great. Staff asking if you've been helped. Best seafood pasta ever, with shrimp and grits right behind. She crab soup had lots of crab and sherry. Friend and I shared dishes. Can't wait to go back! Mike, the manager, very friendly and helpful.

MainNorfolk, Manager at Saltine, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting Saltine and taking the time to leave us a review. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am over 50 and got to the hotel after 9 so wanted a light dinner and Saltine was recommended. It took forever for a server to notice me and had to finally flag one down. I reviewed their menu and asked for a menu item and was told no, the kitchen was closed so the only thing I could get was oysters or a kale salad which is what I ordered. I asked for some bread and they told me the kitchen was closed so no bread. I skipped going back there because I am too old to eat there and get service.

MainNorfolk, Manager at Saltine, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting Saltine and taking the time to leave us a review. The service we deliver, as well as the product we sell, play a big part in your overall guest experience and its obvious we fell short of both of our expectations. We use all your feedback to better serve our guests. Could you please email directly at Nicholas.Pisula@themainnorfolk.com. I would like to learn more about your visit with us and hopefully turn your perception of Saltine around. Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you soon>

Been to Saltine? Share your experiences!