“Bruce was excellent”
Review of Saltine

Saltine
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 856 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Description: A street level seafood restaurant in Downtown Norfolk, Saltine offers a chic, airy space for diners to savor seasonal shellfish, seafood and spirits. Enhancing the locally-sourced menu, the restaurant's black distressed millwork, old-world detailing, and mosaic tile floors blend historical authenticity with modern elegance that flows from the dining space to the bar.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

This was our first visit to Saltine and Bruce Green was our server. He was very patient and informative and helped us make excellent choices for our entrees. I had the swordfish and my wife the salmon and they were both extraordinary!

Date of visit: May 2018
MainNorfolk, Manager at Saltine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thank you for visiting Saltine and taking the time to leave us a review. We will pass along all the great compliments to Bruce and the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We had the pleasure of having Ellisse as our server she was very awesome, hospitable and friendly. We highly recommend the food and staff. Very attentive. Nice atmosphere. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: May 2018
MainNorfolk, Manager at Saltine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thank you for visiting Saltine and taking the time to leave us a review. We will pass along all the great compliments to Ellisse and the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Everyone in my group said their food was good. I had the lump crab cakes. They were tasty but for the price, were a little heavy on the breading. Also had some tasty oysters. Our server felt the need to explain everything, and talked and talked and talked and talked on every visit to the table about the restaurant and the food, slowing down the overall service. I don't think you'll be disappointed eating here, but it is pricy.

Date of visit: April 2018
MainNorfolk, Manager at Saltine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thank you for visiting Saltine and taking the time to leave us a review. We use all your feedback to better serve our guests. All your concerns will be addressed with the staff. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

The food and service is great. Staff asking if you've been helped. Best seafood pasta ever, with shrimp and grits right behind. She crab soup had lots of crab and sherry. Friend and I shared dishes. Can't wait to go back! Mike, the manager, very friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: April 2018
MainNorfolk, Manager at Saltine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thank you for visiting Saltine and taking the time to leave us a review. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I am over 50 and got to the hotel after 9 so wanted a light dinner and Saltine was recommended. It took forever for a server to notice me and had to finally flag one down. I reviewed their menu and asked for a menu item and was told no, the kitchen was closed so the only thing I could get was oysters or a kale salad which is what I ordered. I asked for some bread and they told me the kitchen was closed so no bread. I skipped going back there because I am too old to eat there and get service.

Date of visit: March 2018
MainNorfolk, Manager at Saltine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you for visiting Saltine and taking the time to leave us a review. The service we deliver, as well as the product we sell, play a big part in your overall guest experience and its obvious we fell short of both of our expectations. We use all your feedback to better serve our guests. Could you please email directly at Nicholas.Pisula@themainnorfolk.com. I would like to learn more about your visit with us and hopefully turn your perception of Saltine around. Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you soon>