See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 September 2017

The hotel is enormous but the rooms are barely normal size. There was a wedding reception which made it very noisy and a barman who didn't seem to understand the phrase 'vodka and tonic". When he finally got the message he said they didn't have vodka so would beer do?
Eventually they sent out a runner to a local shop for a bottle of the stuff - huge bar but no booze - amazing.
Evening meal was dull and mediocre and the breakfast was the worst on our entire trip (8 hotels in all)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The pool is nice and clean. And the location is cool: surrounded by typical dry Sicilian hills.
I was there with a friend for the 15th of August. We decided to have lunch at the hotel restaurant.
The portions were severely small. The quality was the poorest I've witnessed in the whole Italy. The price was sky-high. Definitively way to much for what we got. The service was not there at all. The place was half empty and to have served a 3 course meal took more that 2 hours. The wine list was a joke. 3 reds and 3 whites, of the poorest quality, sold for about 20 eur a bottle. Not worth that much. No other alcool was available and it was not possible to order from the table. To end, the fruit was not washed and was visible not not fresh. And tasted like rock.
Have no experience of the hotel. Food-wise I would not recommend this place at all. Sorry

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. The room is large and amazing. The staff is so nice and helpful. The restaurant food was delicious, and the bar has cheap drinks. I recommend for anyone in the area to stay here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We visited this restaurant for lunch as part of a tour of Sicily. The restaurant was pleasant and we had a good selection of local specialities including aubergine rolls stuffed with pasta in a tomato sauce. The wine was nice and the waitress was very pleasant, the waiter was rather surly. The coffee was freshly made in the bar for us after the meal.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Large room but dated in disrepair and dirty.
Waked up at 3am itching. I found 2 bugs in my bed.
At check out I was told "it was only one moskito". Would not take a credit card for payment. When I asked for the passport back I was handed another guest passport.
I was very disappointed and would never stay again at this property.
The 4 stars are not deserved. At best I would give 2