“Those summer tourists’ restaurants”

Athena Ristorante Pizzeria
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is perfectly located in the heart of Santa Maria Di Leuca and the view is simply great.

But both our table waiter and the boss showed great lack of professionalism and knowledge in the domain.
We complained about a simple and obvious service mistake they made and the boss became very impolite and turned his back at us without even listening to us.

Food was “ok”. It’s a perfect example of tourist restaurant aiming quantity over quality.

Unfortunately I’m afraid I have to say we had an overall bad experience.

1  Thank Michael M

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Avoid this place. A party of 9 went here for dinner. My mother in law ordered pork and got sword fish. Had to ask for a wine cooler for the prosecco even though it was 30 celsius outside. I got my food after the rest of the party had finished their meal. All in all it gave me a negative experience. Avoid the place, life is to short for irritation on holidays. The staff were not focused. The costate di manzo tasted good, but too late. Hasta and no la vista.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Sign on the road says menu pizza. We sit down and get menus which have pizzas. After all spending a while deciding what to eat the waiter comes and tells us no pizza at lunch. Disappointed we order other food. Antipasto of melon - melon was way too ripe. Meat dish was off. Tomato/mozzarella was good. Only good part was Beautiful view.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We ate here last week.

Great value for money traditional Italian pizza restaurant.

Great wine and beer too. Starter of cold cuts and buffalo mozzarella was tasty. Pizza was good too.

It was quiet but it was a Tuesday night in early May. Service was great!!

Reviewed 20 January 2016

I popped in hoping to get something to eat, pizza, anything, as it was January, off season, so most of restaurants were closed. Athena was open and welcoming. It was nice inside. The restaurant is quite big inside. There is a nice terrace with the view of Leuca and the bay. The menu is big: salads, starters, main courses of fish and meat, deserts... I had a dish of grilled swordfish, shrimp, calamari and sepia. It was delicious, very fresh. The service was quick and pleasant. The prices are affordable.