All reviews extra pillows real character voyage prive converted farm terrace overlooking olive trees swimming pool easy access countryside car town farmhouse km heating
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I would not call this a hotel at all
The nearest description would be basic farm type building
While staff in the main we're nice and location was good the rest was positively awful
Rooms cold with limited heat
No hot running water in the evenings ( we were told it was as hot as the temp would allow yet in the mornings it was hot) so no chance of getting ready to go out to dinner.
Rooms not clean - windows disgustingly dirty
Bath water ran brown - thankfully it was not warm enough to get in anyway
Shower curtain didn't fit long enough so flooded the room - my mothers room only had a jacuzzi but that couldn't be used as was not warm enough water and with no shower curtain in her room we had to share a bathroom
When we requested more heat in the rooms (my mother is almost 80) we were told the resin it was cold was because our windows weren't closed securely - they were
Other couples complained about the cold too and got extra throws to keep warm
Breakfast shocking - hard boiled eggs, stale bread, one choice of ham and one of cheese and cakes - nothing warm
Evening people sat in coats to eat dinner!

You will see by all my reviews I rarely put a bad but I had specifically asked the hotel to ensure my mother had a good room due to ill health and her age yet she was stuck in a freezing room upstairs - not a pleasant place at all
I am baffled by the good reviews and genuinely winder if we were at the same hotel!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie R
VictorCountryHotel, Direttore vendite at Victor Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear guest, I'm sorry that the stay was not of your pleasure especially for your recommendations made before your arrival. We knew that you were experiencing a particular situation and wanted to make your vacation enjoyable to spend a few days of carefree. We did not succeed. We asked Mom if she wanted to change the room with one on the ground floor but said she wanted to stay where she was. The unfavorable climate had certainly her negative influence on the expressed opinions. The water is hot but not as hot as you wanted , The Masseria window has glasses weathered and weathered and not dirty as you imagined. In fact, the ancient Masseria of 1800 does not have modern windows but is made of the available spaces. I hope you can find your serenity sincerely.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Staff was pleasant,food was good,and the rooms are small;sort of like a dorm room. The bed was small and very,very uncomfortable. The location in the country side was great.This is in the middle of farm country;so rustic is very much the word.I wouldn't go back because the bed was awful . But that's a personal issue for me.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
VictorCountryHotel, Responsabile reception at Victor Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Dear Jo,
thank you so much for your review. This Masseria was a farm before so we have different rooms that was used for other activities. Anyway i hope you will come back in Victor Country Hotel to try other rooms with bigger bed.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

First time in Puglia and we wanted a quiet country retreat as a base. Saw a deal on Voyage prive and went for it. On arriving late on in the evening we had to wait in Arabelobello because the road to the hotel was blocked by Police due to a fatal car accident (more about that later) we phoned the hotel to explain and they said arriving later was no problem (24 hour reception) and they spoke English quite well. On arriving we were allocated a room within the main building at the top of the stairway. All clean and tidy but there was too much peripheral noise penetrating the room via the stairwell. My wife politely mentioned this could be a issue and they kindly moved us to another apartment in a separate block which included a nice ground floor patio. Nice and clean spacious well appointed bathroom facilities. Bed a good size and comfortable, maybe could do with extra pillows (only one each) lighting a wee bit dark for us but probably ok for someone else. No kettle or tea making facilities this is probably due to limited British customers. Fridge stocked with juice water and beer's a safe which we didn't use and hairdryer which we did. Electrics all modern and safe, double glazing and cleanly decorated. Furniture was clean and servicable but not four star quality. Floor tiled. Room was cleaned and bed made every day with fresh towels. Breakfast consisted of buffet with various cereals fruit juices bread cold bacon cold scrambled eggs cold hard boiled eggs chocolate croissants which were lovely and various other continental style items. If you are British and expecting a full traditional English breakfast you will be dissapointed but the flavour of what was on offer was excellent. Try something different!!! The waiting staff are all polite and friendly and speak a little English but not too much (more than I could speak Italian!!) Tea is not really understood as the majority of guests drink coffee, but they do supply a selection of tea bags to choose from. The grounds are very nice apart from there could be some more weeding done which was a shame as the infrastructure paths and walls are of a skilled and high quality, lots of beautiful dry stone walls skillfully made by hand. The outlook was on too glorious rural farmland with lovely trees and outlook. The resident cats are friendly and great (if your'e a cat lover like me) but there was a dog barking quite a lot of the time which could upset some people. The car park was spacious and close enough to the hotel to be convenient. We tried one evening meal which we personally thought was overpriced and not particularly stunning. You needed to ask for the wifi password but the speed and availability was very good. Overall the experience was pleasurable the staff friendly and helpful the room clean and tidy the grounds very nice, but it is not what I would rate as 4 star more like 3 star but a good one. One final thing nothing to do with the hotel but if you are driving in Italy beware they are mainly disrespectful and ignorant to other road users and generally suicidal. Take care.

Room Tip: If you can choose one away from the main block they will be quiter
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian E

Dear Adrian,
thank you so much for your description. You have made an experience of Puglia and hope you enjoy it.
We try to do all the best for our guest and take care of your review.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Great service, the people working there are very helpful and friendly. Great local food and wine.
Really nice atmosphere of countryside, the style of the place is amazing.
The room was nice, very clean and looked after.
The hotel is located a bit far from the town, probably not a walking distance, but the upside of that is the tranquility of the place.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
VictorCountryHotel, Responsabile reception at Victor Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear Linda,
i am very happy for your review but especially cause you enjoy your stay in Victor Country Hotel.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here with a tour group of 44 people. Our room was clean and comfortable. I like the rustic farm environment and the lobby was modern and pleasant. Dinner there was delicious and a dish of fava beans and chicory was my husband's favorite dish on this entire trip. We are even attempting to make it at home. The old building with the chapel was interesting and beautiful! I really loved it here because we had a room with a little patio and table and chairs. Unfortunately we only stayed 2 nights. My sister and niece were in another building overlooking a field. Their room was clean but not as quaint as ours. All in all I really enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Lisa,
i thank you so much for your review and love you enjoy your stay in Victor Country Hotel.
Hope to see you again.