“nice experience in a beautiful natural setting”

Negombo Thermal Park
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Lacco Ameno
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

i was a little hesitant about coming to this place but i'm glad i did. the setting was beautiful , the thermal pools are quite special and the cold and hot ones are not to be missed. there are plenty of secluded quiet spots within the setting to sit and relax and the restaurant is very cute and yummy. You can easily spend the whole day here as there's lots to explore. i recommend to bring your own towels.

6  Thank NadsinDubai
Write a ReviewReviews (2,703)
All reviews
in 4 reviews
"euros per person"
"swimming pool"

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

The beach was so lovely we had no use for the pools. No toilet seats and no toilet paper which you would expect for these outlandish prices. The food is overpriced and the same in all of the food spots save for the even more expensive restaurant. Eventually we were able to find reasonably priced snacks over on the public beach side. After discovering the free public beach, this seemed like a considerable waste of money as the spa pools were crowded and not pleasant to reach with all of the stairs. The area is clean, staff are friendly, and the chairs were very nice, but there should be larger locker storage and better signage. Children were supposed to stay in two pools, but this was frequently ignored...except by us.

1  Thank AutumnDH
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I am not sure what I expected when I went but this really blew me away. There are a series of thermal baths of different styles and temperatures. It was both fascinating and fun. Well worth a visit. I would recommend you visit earlier rather than later as it looks like it is popular with locals. Also young children can play in the main pool but not visit the termal baths

2  Thank Alexander G
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Had a very enjoyable day at the Negombo Thermal Park. There are a selection of pools up to 38 degrees c around the beach and a number of plunge pools on various levels as you ascend the surrounding cliffs.
Get there early if you want a sun bed and try to beat the rush which starts about midday at the cafe. Staff all very polite and helpful.
N.B. don’t wear anything white, lockers €20 deposit.

1  Thank Oliver M
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We are a family of five.I am a grandmother & wished my daughter & 3 grandchildren to experience Negombo. NEVER have I been so ANGERED & UPSET at the treatment I received from the EXTREMELY IGNORANT, BAD-MANNERED & INSOLENT FISHWIFE at the entrance.I was asked for £102.69 for the entrance fee for 1/4 day, to then be told that I could not pay by credit card. The DAY BEFORE I had specifically asked if I could pay by credit card & was told CERTAINLY by the same girl. When I questioned her about this, she immediately went to the attack and told me to calm down. Then after she had made me feel utterly humiliated, she told me that I could pay at the office. Which was only a few steps away. She ruined the entire day for me. I notice that other people have complained about this impertinent disrespectful woman. I certainly will NEVER recommend Negombo to anyone.
Apart from the fact that it was dirty, dangerous and overcrowded and the water in the pools turned my granddaughter's white bikini brown and not even bleach will shift it.
I would urge the director of this facility to take a close look at the impertinent and disrespectful
staff he has in his employ.
The signage is dreadful and staff ignore visitor's queries.
Go to Poseidon instead....much superior.

3  Thank Angela M