We took the most expensive villa and loved everything about it! The decoration was just perfect, I couldn't ask for more. The surrounding was very peaceful, outside the busy city, yet close enough if you want to hang out at night.
1. The property was nice, spacious and fairly brand new. Got upgraded after the first night mess up on our booking (see below).
1. Mediocre management. Two of our reserved nights were not booked correctly, even though we were assured prior arrival that everything was fine (confirmation email for the troublesome nights was never sent from the property even thought we contacted the property repeatedly via email and phone). As a result, we were put on another hotel on the first night and we were asked to move to a different room on the last night, which we refused; nevertheless it was still an
upsetting experience overall.
2. Housekeeping was average. It seemed that the housekeepers were only doing the absolute minimum; we noticed dust and lint floating around the apartment at more than a few instances. Also, replenishment of toiletries was a weak point as we had to ask for them ourselves at some point.
3. Breakfast was late on most days, even though we were asked to fill in the time we would like to have our breakfast. Seemed kind of pointless.
4. There was failure from maintenance/management to repair the upper floor washroom light, after we mentioned to them it was not working. As a result, we had to use the second washroom instead, which was downstairs.
Overall, for the going rate of the rooms I would expect a lot more on the service and housekeeping side. On the contrary, this seemed like a regular apartment stay with no service matching the going rate.
My wife, our 7 month old child and some friends stayed in one of the Halcyon Villas for a total of ten amazing days. Upon arrival, we were eagerly met by Manolis and his brother Kosta who gave us a tour of our villa and sat down with us to go over places of interest on the island of Naxos. Most importantly they ran off a list of local restaurants that served delicious meals. I can assure you the brothers did not steer us wrong on any of their recommendations.
I want to thank Kosta, his wife Maria and Manolis for their hospitality, kindness, and generosity. They showed that they really cared for their guests and took pride in showing the rich history of Naxos.
5 star in every way!
The setting,the chic decoration,the customer service are out of this world.
The staff is very helpful and the homemade breakfast more than delicious.The pool area is really cool and the views stunning.
Conveniently located on a short 10 min drive to Naxos town was the icing on the cake.
there really is nothing negative to say about Halcyon Villas. From the moment that we arrived to the moment we left, Constantinos and Maria were the utmost in helpful and gracious hosts, explaining where we should go, where to eat, etc. Helping with reservations. The island is beautiful and the villas are not far from town (you do need a car though) and also the nicest beaches (go to Plake hands down!). The villa itself is beautiful. So chic yet also comfortable. Clean and well-appointed. Wonderful kitchen if you want to cook. A delicious organic and local breakfast brought to our villa each day really helped you start the day right. Can't wait to go back and to recommend it to all our friends.