“Enjoyable - better than expected”
Review of Restaurant Zeus

Restaurant Zeus
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Bacharach
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Greek hospitality in a pleasant atmosphere In our comfortably furnished restaurant we offer you 40 seats. On our terrace additional 50 seats are available in the summer.
Reviewed 20 October 2017

In this town, nearly all of the restaurants serve typical German food and I fancied a change so I chose this restaurant, whilst other venues had tables free, this one was full and i had to wait for 40 minutes for a table. This wasn't a problem, the evening was mild and I waited outside with a beer for the table to be free.

During this time the staff were very attentive and polite. I was shown to a table which i think in the end was set up specially for me in front of the bar. I ordered the Giros with rice and was surprised but not disappointed with what came. My choice I think must have been roasted on a skewer in the oven then sliced up and served, the meat was very tender and very hot, but parts were crispy on the outside, it was very enjoyable. I felt I had been served too much food but each time I tried to end my meal, I just went back for more until my plate was clean.

So for me it was friendly staff, good food and beer and reasonable price.
Very enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

A classic Greek restaurant - the service was great ... loved the complimentary ouzo. Generous portions - go in with an appetite.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We had dinner outside and it was allright. The staff is nice. The food is ok. Nothing special but on the other hand it's not that expensive. The portions are huge if you take one of the special plates.
The wines are... well, if you are picky, have a beer instead.

1  Thank M3088GQmarie
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We liked this restaurant so much we ate there two out of three nights when we stayed in Bacharach in 2016, and made it the first meal of our trip in 2017. The staff is wonderful; warm, friendly, and welcomed us with shots of Ouzo...what more does one want? The large menu offers every traditional Greek dish you can imagine. My favorites are the lamb leg, the giant beans and the green beans. The gyros plate is huge. We started with saganaki, had a lovely bottle of dry Greek wine, and can't wait to return.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We ate there our last night in Bacharach. Wife wanted pizza, and it was good. I had a flammkuchen, which is sort of a German thin-crust pizza with a cheese more tangy than mozzarela, topped with bacon and leeks. Tasty. Great wine selection, adequate beer selection, and a homey atmosphere. Staff was very helpful.