“Well worth it”

Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Bacharach
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Regional, vegetarian- and seasonal specialities with Rhine river view
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here as part of Rick Steve tour and our first night had dinner here. Food was very tasty with very good prices. Highly recommend the restaurant and hotel

Reviewed 18 May 2016

We were on a Rick Steve's group tour. The food was outstanding and the owners as well as the chef and female bartender did a great job!!

Reviewed 11 March 2016

We both enjoyed the cream soup, salad, spaetzel, and chicken with mushroom gravy. The wine was reasonably priced as well and we enjoyed that wine while sitting on the patio of the hotel. A very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

We came with a Rick Steve's tour. After 4 days we have learned to trust him. This hotel is a 650 yr old tower. It does not have many modern amenities but it is well worth the experience. We ate at the restaurant a couple times and we loved it

1  Thank Jesus G
Reviewed 22 September 2015

We ate dinner here the last night of our Germany vacation. We had learned about the restaurant from the Rick Steves' guidebook in which he highly recommended it, especially the sauerbraten. Earlier in our trip, my wife had horrible sauerbraten and she wanted to try it again before we left.

My cousin and her husband had driven up from where they live to join us for the day and evening. I told them we wanted to eat at Kranenturm and that it was recommended in a reliable guide book. The restaurant itself is in a great location, one of the towers of the old town wall, and it has a cozy interior.

Before we ordered, I asked the waitress in German how the sauerbraten was that evening and she replied that it was excellent. As it turns out, all four of us ordered it. When the plates arrived the food ranged from warm to cool, not of us had a hot meal. My cousin immediately jumped up and tracked down the waitress and told her. She came over and apologized and took the plates away. When she returned the food was hot and she apologized again. Later the owner or manager (not sure) came over and also apologized. My German is no longer the best, but I think she offered to give us something or take something off the bill, but my cousin said it was not necessary. I guess I do not understand how four plates of food, all the same order, can come out of the kitchen less than hot. The food was good, but our last dinner in Germany was less than memorable.

1  Thank Coldbrew