“Great for Wine Tasting and Snacks”

Weingut Fritz Bastian
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Bacharach
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Recommended by Rick Steves, lots of reviews on the web.
Reviewed 16 July 2017

During our visit to Bacharach, we stopped in at Bastian's for wine tasting and snacks. The service was attentive and knowledgeable. For the tasting, we were served 12 glasses of local wines, all of which were excellent including to our surprise two Pinot Nouir reds that were outstanding. We ended up purchasing several bottles of reds and whites from the tasting and were amazed at how affordable the wines were (less than 10 euros per bottle), substantially less than what we pay for lesser quality wines in the US. For the snacks, we shared a cheese and meat plate, a good if not remarkable complement to our tasting. If you are I Bacharach, we recommend that you stop in for a tasting.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

They have a nice patio and a good selection of local wines. I saw several tables doing a tasting and that looked like fun. I had a light dinner of sausages, bread, pickles and onions with my wine. Perfect.

1  Thank ImeldaMario
Reviewed 24 July 2016

My companions and I ended our Rhine River cruise by visiting Bacharach and found the Weingut Fritz Bastian wine bar/restaurant. Bacharach is a lovely, quaint town so ending our day with a 12 selection wine flight was fun. Then we headed back to the Shonburg Castle Hotel for more breath taking Germany beauty.

1  Thank HFHTraveler
Reviewed 16 July 2016

We spent three days in Bacharach, and this was one of our favorite meals! We didn't do the full 15-variety wine carousel, but instead chose to do the 7-variety "Estare Wines" sampler. I got a cheese and bread plate to go with it, which was huge! I ended up taking almost half of it back to my guesthouse and eating it later on the balcony with a bottle of Reisling that I picked up at the affiliated wine shop a few doors down from the restaurant.

1  Thank Tiffany R
Reviewed 20 May 2016

There is nice outdoor seating, and we had fun trying all the different wines. Definitely share the wine wheel.

1  Thank SB1114