“Very enjoyable lunch”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We called in here for lunch based on the variety of food on the menu and the fact that it seemed quite busy. We were seated straight away after the waitress ascertained that we weren't under time pressure (presumably because a lot of visitors here are on tours), however the service was good and we certainly didn't have to wait any longer than in most restaurants in France. We ordered a burger and a plate of assorted cheeses and charcuterie with fries and both were excellent.. My husband would also recommend the cider!

Reviewed 12 August 2018

I once worked for several years in restaurants who were frequently found by tourists, but I can’t say I hated them on principle. Perhaps its the combination of Frechyness and obnoxious anglo-speaking people who bring out the worst in serving staff in Franch, but who really knows..

Came to early by the way, don’t get the full menu before seven PM. Ups.

Ordered tripe sausages, burger and some chicken. Received no bread or butter oddly enough, The food we ordered wasn’t great. It lacked in presentation as well as in taste. One expects more in France by virtue of their culinaric standing, but then again, we are talking about a restaurant in a tourist “marina” connected to a tourist hotspot. I feel most sorry for the local inhabitants of Arromanches who have to put up with loads of tourists, but then yet again, the prices are really high, so somebody is racking in money.

I didn’t expect high quality food, so I probably shouldn’t complain. But then again this IS France. Stay safe and get the moules, other than food poisoning, its hard to f that up.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

On a cool and grey evening (the sea fret had rolled in after a very hot day) this place looked warm and welcoming if a little on the cheap and cheerful side! The welcome was very friendly as indeed were all the staff and the menu was wide ranging - from burgers and fish n chips to some Normandy specials. Mu moules were some of the tastiest I've ever had (quite small but in a delicious sauce) whilst my partner's steak was expertly cooked. The only slight disappointment was the Normandy apple pie which had a decidedly soggy bottom! That apart, would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for decent food at a very acceptable price in the middle of Arromanches.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My two teenagers and I enjoyed a very nice lunch here. Wide variety on the menu - from seafood to burgers to salads - and a number of Normandie specials. Great environment and friendly service.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

This is a nice place near the beach, so a good location and easy to find. We had a tasty burger (bacon, onions and camembert cheese) and chips!