“Upscale Bar Food (and more)!”

Leesburg Public House
Ranked #6 of 247 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Was visiting from out of town to tour some wineries and this was near our hotel. Overall it was a great place. Note: They get very crowded and no reservations. We usually like to sit at the bar but it was packed!

Nice wine list and they have a good list of bourbons as well. They also carry Virginia wines by the bottle and glass.

We started with the calamari and peppers. It was good, not great. The calamari could have been cooked a little longer. Also, the peppers were fried the same as the calamari so you didn't know you got one until you bit into it.

The entrees were very, very good. We had the jambalya and the short ribs tostadas. The tostadas were an appetizer, but it was more than enough for a meal. The meat was flavorful and the jicama slaw added a nice crunch.

Jambalya was a special. Just enough spice and large shrimp. We didn't have one, but the burgers coming out looked amazing too. We were too full for dessert, but definitely next time.

Service was very, very good. Attentive waiter who also went over the menu with us. He didn't mention calamari and maybe we should have gone with one of his other suggestions.

Overall nice, casual place. If this was near my home I could see making this a weekly stop.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I am a local, so this review is based on multiple trips over several years. The last time I ate there was 2/2/18. While some menu items are better than other items (a subjective call), service has never been poor, in some cases it has been really Great. Portions are generous. Family friendly, particularly on Saturday's when there are a lot of kids in sports uniforms at lunch time. Easy parking. Bottom line is that I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Oh my gosh, this is now my favorite restaurant to have lunch with the girls at. My favorite is the hamburger with the brown sugar bacon and pimento cheese (their pimento cheese is scrumptious). Their burgers are fresh, have been cooked to perfection and are so large, you can split one with a friend. Love their appetizers too; very unique!

Reviewed 27 January 2018

I love the lacquered salmon, first from this chef at Magnolia's in Purcellville and now at his own place in Leesburg. Melt in your mouth salmon, the best delight for me.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We were in the area for a lax tournament and were looking for a fun and unique place to go for dinner with some of the other families. The restaurant couldn't seat our large party all together at one table, but they did put us in back-to-back booths which worked out well. The service was excellent from the time we called ahead for seating to our engaging and helpful server.

The kids and adults were happy with all beverages and (most of) the food. I had the Baja shrimp tacos and my husband had the short ribs - both excellent. We shared the crab dip - also really good. Our friend was not happy with his Alfredo chicken pasta - he said that he wouldn't order it again. Our other friend ordered the ribeye and loved it. The French fries were really good, too.

We ordered an eclectic mix of IPAs, ciders, stouts, and Belgian-style beers. Our one friend ordered a "flight" of IPAs - 4, 4-oz. pours, which was fun.

Overall, it kept both adults and young-to-tween kids happy (and was not a chain!) - we would definitely go back.