1,985 results
All reviews the executive lounge dulles airport junior suite large hotel united airlines front desk staff air and space museum dc area free shuttle shuttle service fitness center cardinal amy flight business conference meeting
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First off the hotel is in need of upgrades in the rooms. The suites are spacious but the furniture seems so dated, maybe in the 80s and 90s this was in but no where near what I expect from a Hilton property in 2018, I have done as many as 330 nights in hotels in a year so I am kind of familiar with what is out there. The bathrooms are way below par for a higher end hotel, hell Holiday Inn bathrooms blow these away. These still have the super low toilet seats, I haven't seen them in a decent hotel in forever.

On this trip the airport shuttle guy was parked at the wrong spot, I was specifically told 2H by a text I received when I landed, that texting me was a nice touch. The person responded quickly to my reply text and was very helpful. There were a lot of hotel shuttles parked along that area but there was space to park at 2H as I was standing right there in front of 25 feet of open parking area. After a few minutes past when I was told the shuttle would be there I walked down past the other shuttles and could see the Hilton one past all the others. When I told the driver I was told specifically to be at 2H not 2G where he was parked he said there was no parking at 2H and I said in fact there was, I was standing there at the very much open space that's why I really wasn't looking at the other location. He was curt and flip, saying no there isn't any space to park and basically calling me a lair and he didn't really seem to care anyhow.

Upon arrival, actually I stayed here 2 nights ago before I flew out, so upon re-arriving I was checking back in and was told the executive lounge was going to be closed during my stay. I told her your web site didn't have anything about that, normally when an amenity is not going to be available during your stay a note is provided during your booking, some even require you to acknowledge it by checking a box. This may seem small but I specially searched for a hotel with a lounge due to several reason during this stay. Unfortunately I made all my appointments and plans around this location, if I had been informed of this fact when I was booking I could have made reservations at another location that had an executive lounge that was open. They are doing some things to make up for it, which I still think fall way short but if I had been properly informed I could have avoided this all together. As one of their Diamond members I expect a certain level service, I have chosen to be loyal to their hotel brand and I expect a certain amount of respect in return. I really think this hotel falls short of the Hilton name in quite a few areas.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experience at Hilton Dulles. We take your concerns very seriously and appreciate you letting us know what was unsatisfactory during your stay. Your comments have been shared with our Executive Committee. We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Service as fine but the room I was in had a OLD thermostat. The one where you have to slide the bar. Plus you then had to walk across the room to the window to set the speed of the fan. Wow - pretty old. Also, they have motion-sensor lights in the bathroom. I was taking a shower and after 5 minutes the lights turned off. Only way to turn them back on was to GET OUT OF THE SHOWER! Very annoying! I could not find a way to keep them on. Other than that, the rest of the hotel was great

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experience at the Hilton Dulles. We apologize that our service was not up to your standard and you were unable to give us a higher rating. Our goal is to always provide a comfortable and convenient stay for our guests and we hope you will come back and stay with us another time. We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Never had as bad hotel experience staying at Hilton chain of hotels. The rooms are too small and the queen beds are smaller than I have seen at other places. Staff is rude, they took out the coffee pot (its not even empty and before 9am) while I was picking up the cup. And there was no coffee shop on the premises. When I made the coffee in the room, the room became smelly, no good ventilation. The carpets on the hall way are saggy, and has trip hazard (surprised how no one sued them yet). All rooms do not have mini fridge and microwave, make sure to verify your booking. use The underground parking is convenient, and the bar is good.

Room tip: If you are attending an event, don't book with event code they give you a crappy room when its with discount
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 10 November 2018

To start, this hotel is kind of tucked away from the busy freeway which is quite nice. The hotel lobby was nice but the hotel room was not up to the Hilton standard I know. I reserved two rooms from this hotel for a night since we just needed a place that is close to Dulles airport for an early flight. I was very disappointed when I got to the room. The bathroom fixtures needed some help. The napkin holder needs to be fixed as the metal cover was not aligned and kind of falling off the wall. The sliding bathroom door was rusty and would not close completely. The carpet seams going to the bathroom was misaligned and needed some repair. The best part of this was when my son was getting his slippers under the bed, he found bottles of soda, dirty linens and a red baseball cap. This was really annoying and disappointing. This just means that the room was not clean at all.I even provided photos of these stuff to the hotel directly but did not hear back from them. What a shame!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Twinklestar1976
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 9 November 2018

We went for a hockey tournament bringing 7 teams. This hotel has everything you would want in an extended stay. It is located close to everything (not just the ice rinks) with help just off the expressway. You're less than 10 minutes from the National Air & Space Museum and less than 30 miles from DC. Welcoming entrance and lobby.
The pool is big plus a hot tub. The gym is the best I have ever seen with 2 large areas (weight-lifting and cardio). They have a very nice hotel restaurant. Their separate spacious bar and its food is amazing. The main pic you see shows the outdoor fire pits which are awesome. Plenty of parking outside and underground.

1  Thank PuckTravel

Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experience at the Hilton Dulles. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel and your experience, and shared them with our Executive Committee. Our goal is to always provide a comfortable and convenient stay for our guests and we are please you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.