“Great Place all around”

Ice House Cafe & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ice House Cafe & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 244 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Say Hi to Henry at the bar. His service is outstanding. We found this place after moving to the area a few months ago. Now we go to Happy Hour every Friday to visit Henry and eat great tasting raw oysters. The atmosphere, quality of food and service is what keeps us coming back. Don't pass this place up.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Service was good. Menu was creative but not outrageous. Food presentation was excellent but the taste was average. Very salty and fish was lukewarm when it was served. I’ll try it again next time in town as maybe chef had an off day.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I found this place by accident. It was my first time in Reston and somehow I read about it. Once we located the restaurant, it was hard to want to leave. Oysters were fresh. The person I was with ordered the crab cakes. The amount of crab was more than most restaurants yet balanced perfectly with the other ingredients. Glad she was the sharing type! Their wine offering made it hard to pick just one bottle. Service was professional yet friendly. If I return to the city, I want to head there again!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Omg!! Not only did we enjoy the freshest oysters ever, but we were entertained by a live band which was incredible!!
This is a small and quaint little place and so comfy.
Food was amazing and service was incredible.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I have come here many times over the years and it's just OK. Today's special was the flank steak ceasar. He asked if I wanted it medium, I said no "Rare". It arrived medium to well done. We decided to split the chocolate pie but it was more like a mousse and certainly sweet but not chocolaty