“Excellent all around!”

Ice House Cafe & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ice House Cafe & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 244 Restaurants in Herndon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My son and daughter-in-law took me to dinner for the first time last night.we started with oysters on the half shell, steamed clams and duck as appetizers. wonderful! My daughter-in-law had the steak sandwich with fries that was so flavorful.My son had duck and I had a caprese salad with homegrown tomatoes and house made balsamic dressing.flavorful and Two bottles of a nice Rose.We finished with a chocolate torte.Our Service was excellent! Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I had trout topped with a crab cake. Also included was a rice size pasta with cooked spinach. It was excellent but a tad salty. My wife had oysters parmigiana, which enjoyed.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Needed a nice place to relax close by and was able to make a reservation easily. The server was super nice. But he did not make it clear the seafood special was blackened. I don't do blackened. It was good but too spicy. Husband thought his jambalaya was also too spicy but still very good. The okra in it was so tender - very well made except for too spicy. The oysters oscar were exceptional. The bread pudding very good. And then we enjoyed a jazz band - A Team. Plenty of parking. Great wine list.
Will try to go back sometime.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We had our first dinner at Ice House Cafe 27 years ago when we got married and had dinner with our witness. There was no TripAdvisor at the time nor critics but we have loved this place. Well, after 27 whole years later we stopped for after dinner drink and listen some great jazz. We were impressed that it has not changed and still the good music is there. We stayed until the last customer walked out at 10:30pm. We were sad that the suburban people don't want to stay late although it was a Saturday night. 10:30pm? The night of jazz is just about starting in DC at 10:30pm. Don't even mention NYC. But we were satisfied with the group playing jazz and left happy.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We went to the Ice House to hear the Dixie Power Trio, a splendid New Orleans-style local band led by a gifted cornet/trumpet player and who this evening had a remarkable guitar player sitting in. Kitchen is outstanding. My appetizer was sauced asparagus spears topped by a crab-cake. I know my crab cakes; this was first-rate--plentiful crab not overtaken by seasoning and filler. My main course was a special for the evening--Sea Bass. It was grilled to perfection. We arrived at 7:15 for the beginning of the first set at 7:30. For the first half hour or so the music was obscured by the noisy happy hour crowd at the bar but they were largely gone by the beginning of the second set when the ban was way more loose anyway. We lingered over dessert but like the several other music lovers who'd come early for at least a couple of sets, the staff didn't hurry us out the door.