Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel(Herndon)(Great Value!)
US$107
CandlewoodSuites
US$107
US$83
ComfortInn
Courtyard by Marriott Herndon Reston(Herndon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$138
US$131
US$117
Hyatt Regency Dulles(Herndon)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$96
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$126
US$120
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomapartment complexapartment stylefree beer and wineseparate bedroomsfree breakfastcomplimentary dinnerreston metro stationfree shuttlesmall kitchenwould definitely stay here againwashers and dryersair and space museumhot breakfastwashington dcsized bed
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I've been a LONG TIME IHG member and never had a bad experience until I resided at Staybridge Suites, Herndon-Dulles. We had problems from the beginning at check in. We were charged $571 from the beginning. The charge was a pre-authorization. He said we were "welcome to pay for the first night and go somewhere else." I was stunned. The front desk associate was extremely rude, even as far as agreeing the hotel had been (jipped) for hotel stays in the past. We thought it was just us he was being rude to, yet the next day after being at the front desk, heard another front desk representative say to a customer - "Your credit card could be fake." Never in our lives have we ever heard such poor communication with customers. That same representative answered the call when we called several times about the internet and he provided no empathy, yet became defensive saying "You are the only one complaining, you can call tech support to see if there is something wrong with your computer." Being that my husband is an IT professional and on a working staycation, we were appalled at the behavior and lack of ownership. An appropriate response would have been, "Oh no, I'm sorry you're having problems connecting, we try to provide the best service available, I will call to see if there's an issue with our provider." My husband called again and he asked if we could be moved to a better access point. The front desk rep said, "You can use the business office but cannot be moved." My husband could not get any work done at all and we called Guest Relations. He explained the situation and was offered a call from the General Manager. We never received a call from the GM. The same front desk representative immediately called back and literally said: IS THERE A PROBLEM SIR? By this point my husband was furious. He said, you are not providing what I paid for, I told you I would call guest relations and this is a business, your customer service is piss poor. The front desk informed him they'd move us in the morning, (Sunday) 9/6/15. He STILL offered no apology. My husband advised him of gnats being in the room as well. Nothing. The next morning we received a call and said we'd be moved in 2 hours. That took 4, however, the room (31 in the guest house) was far more cleaner, but the internet service was horrible. By this point we resolved ourselves to contact guest relations again and we were comp'd one night stay, which they took off the lowest price per night. By Tuesday, we were ready to check out, I went to the front desk to buy water. If it had not been for the Operations Supervisor, Jimmy, I would have sent a letter to the corporate office. He apologized profusely, seemed to be in shock at our poor experience and treatment and advised he would take care of the situation. He provided points to our stay for the inconvenience. However, Wednesday, my husband's card was charged for an incorrect amount from what the receipt I signed listed. I called guest relations again, then called Jimmy who resolved the problem. Again, being a long time IHG member, I have stayed in Staybridge Suites prior, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, Candlewood etc. However, I'm not happy at all with our treatment, our experience and our wasted time. I'll be sure to review on Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google and every other TRAVEL website I'm subscribed to and those I'm not. Customer service does not constitute a simple hello, its providing world class experiences for your customers. The only saving grace was Jimmy who at least offered apologies for our terrible experience and the points.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Dulles, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

Dear creoletbone,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. We would like to apologize for the overall sub-par experience you had during your stay. We would like to follow up on this situation that is why we have sent you a private message to obtain more information. We hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed here four weeks for a Business trip.

I had a ground floor room, so I didn't have to carry my luggage to the second floor. Sometimes, depending on who is above you, you will get a little neighbor noise. So if you have young children that like to run around in the room, get a ground floor.

A small bonus is that every room is, in effect, an "end unit". You will either have a mechanical room or the exterior on one side of the room.

Internet, is WI-FI only. I was a little disappointed by this as I had to download some large updates to my computer and to my GPS. It had some issues. Since I am a technical guy, I was able to get around those issues in the business center.

Outdoor swimming pool has a lifeguard on duty.

Breakfast was good, offering hot items and your standards of cereal, breads and waffle machines. They changed up the hot breakfast items every day for a little variety.

The staff is very helpful and tries to make your stay as easy as possible.

Laundry room is modern with four washers and four driers. With so many rooms (and families) staying on the property, it can fill up quickly.

Things that could be improved upon:
1. Bigger laundry facilities, perhaps double the capacity.

2. Wired Internet in the room, sometimes a cat 5 cable is better when doing business on the road. A nice ide would be the ability to print to a queue and retrieve your document in the business center.

3. Scanner in the business center. While the staff was very accommodating, by letting me use the scanner to email some documents, it would be nice to have something in the business center.

The staff worked very hard to accommodate my simpler requests. And I overheard them try to accommodate some outright some downright ridiculous ones. I would like to say to all you primadonna travellers, "Get over your selves". While you may be the customer, you are NOT always right.

I appreciate all the hard work from the housekeeping staff, all the way up to the General Manager. You all made my business trip easier.

Next time I am in the area, I will come stay with you again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Penrath
Reviewed 3 September 2015

Pro:
Friendly well trained staff
Good and varied cooked breakfast (plus other options)
Very comfortable bed
Good size rooms in suite
Plenty of storage for luggage
Clean
Small well equipped kitchen
Good shuttle bus available (remember to phone for it from the airport)
Pool,
Guest BBQ
Gym
Courtesy shuttle available to & from the Metro so access to Washington is easy
Shops within walking distance
Multiple eating options at shopping centre, some deliver
(We particularly liked "the Mighty Kahn's" Mongoians stir fry [not listed in Trip Advisor] - great and flexible alternative to the ubiquitous fast food outlets)
Fast free WiFi

Cons:
No lifts so heavy luggage to an upstairs suite a minor inconvenience
Otherwise faultless

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs suite if carrying your luggage upstairs would trouble you
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dannysdadski
Reviewed 26 August 2015

We stayed four nights, last week. After having to wait for one hour past the 4pm check-in, we finally had our room (AC issue and issue with the shower). We like suites as we have two young children and it's always nice to have a bit more space. The free-to-use washers and dryers (there's 4 of each) are great, saved me taking home so much dirty laundry. The breakfasts each day were great, something for everyone. We had three nights of their Evening Social, no complaints there either. I was surprised to see that they use Domino's for their pizza, I was sure they'd make their own. It was good though. I thought the grounds could have been a little tidier, flowers everywhere would have been a nice touch. The pool area was nice and never really crowded. It's a nice touch to have a lifeguard there, too. Overall, we enjoyed out stay and would definitely go back if we're in the area again.

Room Tip: Our room was 1613, no noise at all. It's not like your regular Hotel - with all rooms in one building.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank livsmum
Reviewed 12 August 2015

We chose this hotel for the space, price, & free shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel and to the metro station. We had 2 teenagers with us, so the suite arrangement of two bedrooms/bathrooms with a centrally located living room and kitchen was very nice. The rooms were clean & spacious. The breakfast they provided had a nice variety of items, including fruit, eggs, & a meat item. There was also a free laundry room with 4 or 5 washers & 4 dryers.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family