“Luxurious relaxing break”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Venards Lodge

Fully equipped modern kitchen
The Linwood Room, double with ensuite shower room Venards Lodge, as seen from the driveway across the entrance lawn
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Linwood Room, double with ensuite shower room
Venards Lodge, as seen from the driveway across the entrance lawn
The ensuite bathroom to the Gorley Room
The Gorley Room has a super king bed and ensuite bathroom with shower too
The bright sunny Sitting Room
Welcome Hamper and homemade cake for our guests
Awarded the coveted '5 Star Gold' rating from  Visit England
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Alison I
“Luxurious relaxing break”
Reviewed 14 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We went to Venards lodge at the end of April as a surprise for my husbands 40th birthday. Before arriving, Nadine was incredibly helpful in answering all my questions and recommending places for us to eat etc.
Upon arrival, there was a beautiful hamper with local produce abd a freshly baked cake for us.
The place itself was beautiful. There was everything we needed plus 2 travel cots. The cots were in immaculate condition with clean and thick matresses and I have never been keen on using any cots other than our own but was more than happy to use these.
The standard of cleanliness was impeccable and we didn't need to worry about toilet roll, soap etc ad it was all there.
I would totally recommend tgus holiday rental to anyone abd Nadine went above and beyond to ensure our stay was the best it could be.
I will absolutely be renting this out again should we go back to the New Forest.

22 Apr 2015
Thank you .... I am always thrilled when our guests have such a lovely stay. Really appreciate you taking the time to do a review.
Matt B
“Family break”
Reviewed 5 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Amazing break we had. The owner Nadine could not have been more helpful or have done more for us. A homemade cake and local preserves, cordial and ale were there for us on arrival plus tea, coffee, sugar and many more necessities that I assumed we'd have to provide ourselves. The place was immaculately clean and tidy and beautifully presented with a modern yet country feel to.it. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting a refreshing and relaxing break in a peaceful country setting. Thanks Nadine for a wonderful stay

9 Apr 2015
I really appreciate you taking the time to do a review so thank you very much. So glad that you had a great stay and I do hope we can welcome you all back to the Forest again.
alaskan_r...
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“FABULOUS PROPERTY IN IDYLLIC RURAL LOCATION”
Reviewed 11 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

My family booked this delightful property as a complete surprise for me for a landmark birthday. The accommodation is truly wonderful, with plenty of room to relax, cook and eat together, and with three spacious luxury bedrooms and a smaller fourth with bunk beds.

The owner's attention to detail is evident throughout, in the quality of furniture, decoration and fittings. The AGA in the kitchen is a great feature, and much of the furniture is made of natural wood, which is in keeping with the property's New Forest setting. Towels and bedlinen are luxurious, and every conceivable amenity is provided including a delicious welcome basket of local produce and a scrumptious homemade cake.

We were thrilled to be able to stay here, and sad to leave - but we shall be back! To sum up, this was a magical stay, and excellent value for such high quality accommodation.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property's unique combination of wonderful setting and quality accommodation.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
11 Mar 2015
And we are lucky to have such lovely guests who appreciate all that Venards Lodge offers. Really hope we can welcome you all back again. Thank you for taking the time to do a review.
Martyn H
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“New Forest Luxury”
Reviewed 22 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

A half term break found us at Venards Lodge, and we loved what we found. Beautiful House, comfortable and well equipped it was a pleasure to stay.

New Forest Ponies on the doorstep literally and close enough to local amenities and attractions, it suited us perfectly. We were a party of 2 families and our kids were so sad to leave.

One area of improvement I would make (to the owners) would be we were short of information on how to "operate the house". A user manual including things like heating instructions, oven instructions, tv and satellite information, and also local tourist info would make this our perfect new forest retreat.

10 Mar 2015
So glad that Venards Lodge did not disappoint and that you all enjoyed your stay. I am sorry it wasn't me here to welcome you as I would have not only shown you how everything works but would have shown you the folder which contains all the instructions. But I appreciate the comment as I will have to ensure if I can't be here to welcome guests personally that whoever takes my place explains all. Thanks so much for taking the time to do the review, I really do appreciate it.
jojoupton...
London, United Kingdom
“A perfect escape away”
Reviewed 9 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Having read the previous reviews we were all very excited about our annual family weekend away in the New Forest (6 couples and a baby). This is the 4th time we have been and everyone in the party agreed this was by far the best, most luxurious place we have stayed. Not only is Venards Lodge perfectly located with country pubs and a farm shop on your doorstep, not to mention the beautiful walks right outside the front door, it has been very tastefully decorated to rival boutique hotels. Nadine the owner welcomes you with a beautiful hamper packed with goodies along with the most delicious homemade cake, if you want a stress free weekend in beautiful surroundings and a fabulous home from home then book now as you definitely won't be disappointed. We just need to book a date for next year now!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
10 Mar 2015
Thank you so much, glad you enjoyed your stay and really hope we can welcome you here again in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;