“Consistently excellent food and service”
Review of The Kentish Hare

The Kentish Hare
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Bidborough
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I have been coming to this pub for 9-months now. We previously lived in central London and moved to Kent late last year. We were used to enjoying good food and were initially worried whether we'd find similar quality food and service nearby. The Kentish Hare is consistently excellent. The staff are friendly & helpful, without being annoying, and the food is of very high quality. We have tried pretty much everything on the menu - the meats are generally excellent, as is the fish - and we have never been disappointed.

If I had a negative comment, it can get very busy, particularly on the weekend at around lunchtime. But this is what happens when you run a great place.

All in all, a wonderful place.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

At last my wife and I managed lunch together - a much talked about but unrealised event for one of my non-working days until today. Based on TA reviews we were looking forward to our first visit to the Kentish Hare. On a Friday lunchtime it was fairly quiet. The ambience is typically modern gastro-pub - the high ceilinged room we were in was very pleasant. Positives: service was friendly and efficient; the food was mostly good (nicely presented and generous portions); the wine was great - a Chapel Down Bacchus. And the 3 course lunch menu was very good value. However, we did have a few issues. Our pan-fried plaice mains needed more seasoning - extra salt and pepper really transformed the food. And my chocolate bread and butter pudding was a bit old, tired and greasy. I did mention this and it was taken off the bill with grace. Overall we passed a very pleasant couple of hours at the Kenti Hare.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely food as ever - lamb shoulder chosen by three of our six went down a storm. Mild gripe was that service was very slow towards the end of our meal - dessert slow to arrive even paying the bill took a while- but food great and the family love this as a food location

Reviewed 2 October 2018

For dinner with friends we visited the Kentish Hare and were surprised with the decor, food and wine for pub in such a small village. The menu was very different and the presentation was impressive. Cannot say anything negative.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Wow , what a great experience !

The food was amazing starters were demolished and gave everyone a taste of the superb skill coming from the kitchen , mains of which I had steak was very tasty but the Pork belly looked delicious and the lamb loin also looked just a good !

To be followed by the deserts I had strawberry tart, the pastry was crisp and a delight , I was lucky enough to able to finish the wife’s sticky toffee pudding which was one of the best I have ever tasted.

The staff were amazing and very attentive over my nut allergy.

I highly recommend coming here, all six of us were singing it’s praises and planning our next trip.

Well done Kentish Hare !