“Superior pub food - one or two issues......”
Review of The Kentish Hare

The Kentish Hare
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Bidborough
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2018

At last my wife and I managed lunch together - a much talked about but unrealised event for one of my non-working days until today. Based on TA reviews we were looking forward to our first visit to the Kentish Hare. On a Friday lunchtime it was fairly quiet. The ambience is typically modern gastro-pub - the high ceilinged room we were in was very pleasant. Positives: service was friendly and efficient; the food was mostly good (nicely presented and generous portions); the wine was great - a Chapel Down Bacchus. And the 3 course lunch menu was very good value. However, we did have a few issues. Our pan-fried plaice mains needed more seasoning - extra salt and pepper really transformed the food. And my chocolate bread and butter pudding was a bit old, tired and greasy. I did mention this and it was taken off the bill with grace. Overall we passed a very pleasant couple of hours at the Kenti Hare.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely food as ever - lamb shoulder chosen by three of our six went down a storm. Mild gripe was that service was very slow towards the end of our meal - dessert slow to arrive even paying the bill took a while- but food great and the family love this as a food location

Reviewed 2 October 2018

For dinner with friends we visited the Kentish Hare and were surprised with the decor, food and wine for pub in such a small village. The menu was very different and the presentation was impressive. Cannot say anything negative.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Wow , what a great experience !

The food was amazing starters were demolished and gave everyone a taste of the superb skill coming from the kitchen , mains of which I had steak was very tasty but the Pork belly looked delicious and the lamb loin also looked just a good !

To be followed by the deserts I had strawberry tart, the pastry was crisp and a delight , I was lucky enough to able to finish the wife’s sticky toffee pudding which was one of the best I have ever tasted.

The staff were amazing and very attentive over my nut allergy.

I highly recommend coming here, all six of us were singing it’s praises and planning our next trip.

Well done Kentish Hare !

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Was let down by another restaurant - luckily. Gave us a chance to go back to the Kentish Hare, where the food & service has never let me down.