“Fresh Dumplings Made to Order!”
Review of District Dumplings

District Dumplings
Ranked #177 of 495 Restaurants in Fairfax
Reviewed 4 January 2018

This is a hidden gem. Off the beaten path in Mosaic. I hope they can last in their secluded location. These dumplings are homemade to order. The dumpling wrappings are thin and delightful. The fillings fresh and delicious. I have only tried two of their many choices but I can say that the Buddha's Choice is my fav of the two and the Squash and Cheese also good, but not as good as Buddha's Choice. They serve these dumplings with a small side of sesame noodles. I have been there four times now. Twice to eat in and twice to go. You will have to wait a few minutes for your dumplings to be ready since they are made fresh to order. You can get them steamed or pan fried. I prefer the pan fried over steamed as the steamed ones are a little meh. There are two other veg options, edamame and kale. there are also meat options but I don't know what they are as I was only interested in the veg. Enjoy!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

A fun little dumpling restaurant. All they serve are dumplings, lots of varieties all of them cooked to order while you wait.
Had chicken, beef, duck, pork and shrimp pan fried dumplings and all were tasty. Dumplings are a dollar each and tea and a little noodle salad is included.
Be aware if you have a small appetite that it's a ten dumpling minimum (a phrase I never thought I'd write!)

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2017

$10 for 10 dumplings with tea and small side salad was a great deal for dinner. We were able to mix and match dumplings from a long list of filling choices. One drawback - with all the dumplings served together and not labeled, any filling that turned out to be a favorite was hard to identify for future visits. Their standard style of prep is pan fried, so be sure to specify if you want them steamed.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 1 July 2017

This place had a confusing menu. It was hard to make sense of it or how many dumplings a person should order. There were three of us and we ordered about 20 dumplings. Probably 8 different types of dumplings. It was a bit disappointing because they were all brought out together and it was really hard to tell them apart -- even when we cut them in half. Even when we ate half, it was hard to tell which were which.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

The place is very simple and friendly. They have a nice wall with the menu, but now is hard to understand because there is a lot of options and sometimes you can see properly. About the order it can take a while to get done, I usually spend 20 minutes minimum on waiting. They used to have a small salad and hot or iced tea included on the price, but sometimes they offer you, sometimes I think they just forget and you have to ask. Specially if you order for to go, they will just give you the dumplings. Sometimes they ask if you want an cup of tea while you are waiting.
I really think is a little bit pricey, but I like the way they make the dumplings. I love the kale and the beef tomatoes.

Date of visit: April 2017

Been to District Dumplings? Share your experiences!