“Just Average”

Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 508 Restaurants in Fairfax
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Met some friends here because they had a free Chocolate Piñata reward and I must say that the Piñata was impressive, but the food was average. I asked for steak (medium) and chicken fajitas and my steak came rare and only 4 little strips. Chicken was ample and both tasted good but there were way more onions than bell peppers. Chili was great but the Spanish rice was average and undercooked. My wife got the tacos carnitas and was satisfied as was my son who also had tacos. Their chips and salsa were the best on the menu. My friends seem to like the place but I found it a bit pricey for the quality. Had to ask the server to refill my water too.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Loved the el jefe spicy margarita at this place and the table side guacamole was excellent. Friendly service and the fajitas were done to perfection.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017

If you love Mexican food then consider this option. They were really busy when we were here so service was rather slow, but the food was good and worth waiting for.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Dinner with friends. Great food, great service. Very busy when we went and had to wait for a table, but no problem. Had a drink at the bar before we got our table. Recommend.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We like this place, food I’d very good but place is a bit noisy. I like their enchiladas and tacos. Have eaten here several times with family and friends. Service always good.

Date of visit: March 2017