“Good meal & great service”

Texas Steak & Ale House
Get food delivered
Ranked #123 of 143 Restaurants in Danville
Description: Established in 2019, Texas Steak & Ale unites fresh, hand cut and flamed grilled steaks with the region’s most popular ice-cold craft beers in a fun Texas themed restaurant! We are more than just a Steakhouse! Our menu boasts flavor packed entrées such as our fall off the bones Ribs, Sweetwater Salmon, Mouth Watering Burgers, Freshly Prepared Salads and Savory Prime Rib on the weekends while supplies last! Don't forget our Texas signatures; the Texas Iron Skillet and Texas Two Step! Our draught beer selection is anchored by regional craft beer favorites along with a few Texas staples and complimented by an exciting lineup of highly sought after limited session brews. Not sure what you’ll like? Take flight with a Texas Taster, your choice of several combined Beers on a sampler plank just for you! Full bar with your favorite alcohol beverages including Texas Tea! The good times are better at Texas! See y’all there...
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our family of three had dinner here. I had shrimp, my husband and son had steak. All our food was great, loved the house made side salad. Our server was amazing brought us a pitcher of water and napkins before we asked. Never had to ask for anything he noticed we might need it and he brought it before we could even ask.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed 19 March 2021

Today was my son's birthday. Waiting all day to go to a nice restaurant to celebrate. We were very disappointed with the food!! There were approximately 5 cars in the parking lot when we arrived at 5:20. We still had a 30 minute wait for a table. The place looked empty.

Once we got seated our server Malik aka "Frank" did a wonderful job buffering the long wait for food. Frank was the only server I saw my whole visit. He worked very hard and was very pleasant all the while hustling and sweating. He was the only thing that kept the night out to eat from being a total failure. He kept the drinks filled and continued to ask was there anything we needed. He should be the manager.

The food took a very long time and was not good at all. All of the food was way over cooked and my wife's steak was rare. None of us finished our food. To take that long to cook, the food should have been a whole lot better than it was. To spend close to 70.00 on a meal, you would expect better food. The food should be cooked the way that it is ordered.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 8 February 2021

Given we were traveling, I did not take time to read the reviews until we were seated in the restaurant. The waitstaff are polite and young and have absolutely no control over the pace at which the "mask-less" kitchen operates. Very few people wore their mask in the kitchen area. they seemed to put them on just as they were exiting the kitchen area. Once the food arrived, it was good. I don't think we will be returning.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 16 November 2020

I am shocked at the bad reviews. We have eaten at Texas Steak and Ale twice and had perfect food and service. Friday, three of us all had the 8 ounce filet ($22) which is as good as I have ever had. It came with salad and potato, both wonderful. Service was excellent. Previously, I ate their baby back ribs, which were excellent. I got the all you can eat special, and was full after the first plate. They were fall off the bone perfect and tasty.
This is a wonderful restaurant the Danville is fortunate to have.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 17 August 2020

It took over a hour to get a Togo order and the food was the worst food I have ever had. I had to go inside to get a curbside pickup.

Date of visit: August 2020