Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing kayak tour

Amazing trip! Jess and Steve are very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the island history... read more

Reviewed yesterday
susankH1836GS
Sunset kayak tour was great

Our guides were so friendly and knowledgeable. They were relaxed, yet right there to help with... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Omgrs

All reviews within feet local history novice kayakers riptide fun horses birds chincoteague island
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I took the sunset tour and are so very glad we decided to do so. It was definitely a highlight of our trip! We can't recommend this husband and wife team run tour enough. We learned a whole heck of a lot about the history, wildlife, and environment of Assateague and Chincoteague islands with an up-close hands-on (literally) experience. Because the group was kept small, Jess and Steve were able to pay a lot of personal attention to each participant. Thanks for an incredible adventure, Jess and Steve!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I took a sunset kayak tour of the island, and it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Chincoteague! The scenery was absolutely breathtaking, and Jess and Steve were so knowledgeable about the history of the island and the wildlife we encountered along the way. I probably learned more about the wildlife of the island than I did in any of my freshman zoology lectures (and this was way more fun!)

We definitely plan to come back again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We absolutely loved our morning kayak trip with Jess and Steve. Besides the fact that our guides were both so charming, they were also so knowledgeable and shared such interesting facts about the Islands and their ecosystems. Jess is a natural story teller and it was wonderful hearing about the area and it’s amazing habitat. Our tour was the best, we were surprisingly able to get up close to a herd of wild ponies of which there were several new colts and experience such beautiful natural surroundings. Thank you both so much. Cynthia & John

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I (M 30) did the sunset kayak tour in a tandem kayak with my girlfriend (F 26) and we had a great time. Steve and Jess and great to talk to and know so much about the history of the island and the local wildlife, and they made it an incredible experience for us. Plus, the small group size (6 in our group, 8 max), allowed us to talk to either Steve or Jess most of the trip, which for us was a very rewarding experience. Due to our timing (mid-May), we saw lots of migratory birds species on our trip but not any ponies. In all, I'd highly recommend the kayak tour! Honestly, my only regret is that we didn't do it sooner in our trip, because I walked away from the tour with an entirely new perspective on the island, as well as some great restaurant recommendations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wonderful 2+ hour tour! Jess and Steve are knowledgeable about the plants and animals and natural history (and people history) of the area . And they are friendly and laid back. What great people to hang out with and paddle around the creeks! We saw many birds, crustaceans, and - of course - ponies! I highly recommend this tour!