“Very beautiful place in the Virginia country .”
other travellers have booked this property
POOL IS OPEN!!! Come swim in privacy!
Light-filled room, Queen-sized bed, Fireplace                   Photo: Melanie Marshall-Roth Pretty spa bathroom with antique clawfoot tub
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
POOL IS OPEN!!! Come swim in privacy!
Pretty spa bathroom with antique clawfoot tub
Welcome plate and complimentary wine                          Photo: Melanie Marshall-Roth
Enjoy your wine near the pool                                                   Photo: Warren Salmon
Enjoy coffee on your private porch
Life is just a bowl of Breakfast Berries!                          Photo: Warren Salmon
Breakfast in your room                                                  Photo: Melanie Marshall-Roth
Historic Main House, built 1810-1842
The Cottage adjacent to the Main House
Enjoy a picnic lunch poolside
The Pool House in April
Lunch under the wisteria
View from the hillside
One of two bridges connecting the property's 22 acres
Room for bocce and croquet!
Or play frisbee with Joe!                                                       Photo: Warren Salmon
Your hosts, Anne, Jim and Joe                                         Photo: Warren Salmon
Bedtime treats!                                                         Photo: Melanie Marshall-Roth
Homemade Blondies                                                   Photo: Melanie Marshall-Roth
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 51 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
DayTrip47...
“Very beautiful place in the Virginia country .”
Reviewed 9 November 2018 for a stay in October 2018

Sunnybank is a very beautiful place. We did not get to spend as much time there as we would have liked, as we were in the area to visit our daughter at UVA. We will definitely return in a better season to take advantage of the grounds and the pool. Anne is a gracious hostess who makes sure you have the comforts of home. Suggest you find it the first time when there is natural light. And remember - you may not have phone service. Score one for Verizon over AT&T.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018
person found this review helpful

30 Aug 2018
Thank you both for being such delightful guests--we are truly honored you want to keep coming back!
Darlene C
“Perfect ”
Reviewed 13 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

We had a fantastic stay at The Cottage at Sunnybank. It was our home base while we toured part of the Charlottesville wine trail. Not far from the highway, but down the gravel road it was a world away. It actually reminded me of my home growing up in Upstate New York. Our hosts were gracious and were readily available if there was anything we needed, but gave us plenty of personal space. We felt like it was ours alone. The cottage is immaculate and very well appointed. A deliciously stocked refrigerator, wine , cheese, fresh baked goods and even a bouquet of roses for my birthday welcomed our arrival. We left for the day for winery explorations, returned for a nap and went out again for dinner. Anne has a portfolio of restaurants in the area that is very informative and a fun read as well. She is very honest in her reviews. The first night we went to Charlottesville and had dinner at The Brassiere Saison on the mall in CVille. Terrific dinner was Belgian and made for sharing. Beef bittern bites and Scallops Crudo were our favorites as well as the Steak Frite. Cocktails were also tasty. They also brew their own beer which was also very good. After walking around the mall to wear off a few calories, we went back to Sunnybank. It was a beautiful evening and we went for a sunset swim in the private pool listening to the sounds of nature around us. Then back to the cottage and a relaxing soak in the claw foot tub with lavender bath salts. Aaahh. Every evening delicious sweet treats magically arrived with a goodnight note. The next day we first took a walk around the farm. The grass was wet with dew, promising another beautiful day. I took some pictures with my phone, but wished I had brought my 35mm. We walked down to where the ford in the creek was and since my sneakers were already wet, decided to do some “crick walking” as I called it as a kid. Fun and refreshing although my husband thought I was crazy. Back to the cottage and then off to a couple more wineries- favorites include Glass House- (homemade chocolates too) and gorgeous Pippin Hill where we had a lovely lunch. Back to Sunnybank for a nap and then it was downtown Crozet for dinner. We decided to forgo Cville due to some protests in town. Crozet is Cville ‘s rough and tumble little sister and we had dinner at the bustling “Rooftop” which is above a BBQ place in town. It was so busy, there wasn’t seating available outside, but we didn’t have to wait long for our table and had a nice dinner. Anne had mentioned that it was a bit noisy- and it was fun- many people avoiding Charlottesville on this Friday night. The sunsetting behind the mountains giving a lovely show. The server even gifted me with a special chocolate raspberry torte from Gearharts Chocolates- a Cville icon of chocolate, and it didn’t disappoint. The next day, sadly, we had to leave, but decided we had enough time for a morning swim after breakfast and before our trip back home. There is no rush to leave at all, especially if no one else is arriving. I wished we could stay the third night, but maybe next time.
I was so relaxed after my stay, I found myself driving too slowly on the highway- I had to step it up- back to reality.

Thank you for a wonderful stay. We will definitely be back.

16 Aug 2018
What a delight to know you had a wonderful visit—we do hope you’ll be back soon—so much left to see and do,
and you were such great guests!
Reviewed 27 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

30 Jul 2018
We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to your swift and safe return!
christine...
“Relaxing Getaway ”
Reviewed 3 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

All the reviews are true, I say with angst as I'm afraid this place will become so busy we may have trouble booking it again.

But congratulations to Anne and Jim for creating a wonderful place to relax and recharge.

You feel like you're away from everything, but there's so much to do not only on the property, but in the areas around, like Crozet and Charlottesville.

We will be back!
Amazing!

Thank you so much for an absolutely wonderful time.

15 May 2018
Thank you so much for the lovely review--rest assured, you are priority guests and we are very much looking forward to your next visit! (PS: Pool is open!)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing