“A Place To Call "Home"”
Afton Cottage in April
Welcome to Afton Cottage!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Afton Cottage in April
Welcome to Afton Cottage!
Living Room toward kitchen & bedrooms
Queen Bedroom
Queen bedroom
Twin Bedroom
Deck View
Stream at the foot of the hill
Deck
Woodland view
Cottage in the snow in March
Patch o' ferns
Young visitor
Location Map
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Valerie w
Richmond, Virginia
“A Place To Call "Home"”
Reviewed 26 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

If there is one thing I could say about this vacation it was that I definitely never wanted to go home and I wasn't ready to go home when I had to leave. This cabin was a true escape from our every day fast-paced life. The cleanliness and amenities included far exceeded our expectations. We knew that if there was anything that we needed i.e. recommendations on places to visit, groceries that we may have forgotten, or anything else, Dick would be there to answer any questions for us. The amount of information in the cabin about the area was impressive & I had already spent 2 weeks researching on what to do in the area. It was kind of a waste of my time because once we got there we just drove down the roads and experienced all new kinds of things & met amazing people. Our souls were rejuvenated at the cabin & we Highly recommend this incredible spot for you to rejuvenate your soul as well!

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
31 Oct 2014
Come on back! We would love for Afton Cottage to make you happy again.
40622John
Eastport, Maine
“Can't go wrong at Afton Cottage.”
Reviewed 5 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

My wife and I, and our dog Evie, stayed at the Afton Cottage for four nights in Sept. 2014. I can only echo the comments of most other visitors. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The drive to the cottage is on a winding, hilly road with scenery that is knock out gorgeous. The cottage is at the end of a 200 yard driveway and sits in a wooded glen. It is private and very quiet. The cottage itself has everything you need for any length stay. It is comfortably and tastefully furnished. The kitchen is well equipped, and the bedrooms are spacious with dressers, closets, and extra blankets. There is a large flat screen TV with all the channels, and a comfortable couch for viewing. The owner was instantly responsive to the one inquiry we made, but otherwise left us in privacy.
We had no complaints. I would highly recommend the Afton Cottage to anyone visiting central Virginia.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peaceful location. Friendly host. Great comfort.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 Oct 2014
John, we are so happy that you enjoyed Afton Cottage. Thanks so much for the Sarah Graves mystery novels which you and Mary contributed to the cottage library. Veegie is enjoying them immensely. We hope to see you, Mary, & Evie again, soon!
AL
Reviewed 29 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
29 Apr 2014
Larry, thanks for your kind remarks. I hope that the next time you are up our way, you will choose Afton Cottage for your home-away-from-home, again.
MI
Reviewed 7 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A romantic getaway
MD.
Reviewed 20 September 2013 for a stay in July 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing