All reviewstrish and salgolden retrievercooked to order breakfastpancakesother guestsold friendshomey placeski tripliving roomplace to staylift ticketsmanchester areamorning breakfastwonderful hostsrooms are cleanbreakfast was delicioussmall refrigerator
Reviewed 19 June 2018

On a recent visit to manchester Olympia Lodge became our stopover for 2 nights. The rooms were clean and the price very reasonable. The owners Sal/Trish go out of way to make your visit enjoyable. sal made us a nice full breakfast each morning with attention to our dietary restrictions. IBreakfast was plentiful and a great start to the day. Sal provided info and didections to our travels around area.A nice enjoyable place to relax and not far from center. We look forward to returning on our next visit to the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RPL302
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I've been visiting Vermont for over twenty five years. I do not ski although anyone who does ski says Vermont has some of the best skiing in the country. And it's just minutes from this lodge.

I do Fly Fish and Vermont is the place to go if you want to step in the same rivers as the founding fathers of Fly Fishing did.

I've stayed at all types of places over the years, from The Equinox, with their beautiful restaurant, The Marsh Tavern(rich with revolutionary war history).

I've rented houses and stayes in some places that were far from inviting.

Sal and Trish, ther owners, like me are originally from Brooklyn so we share a common bond leaving me to believe that i was given special treatment.

How wrong i was. When you enter the lobby, you are greeted by Sal, Trish, one of their children or their beautiful dog.

Unlike any other hotel I've stayed at, you immediately feel like you know everyone since childhood. Other guests must also feel the same, because after a moment of taking, you feel like old friends.

On the outside, too me, the Olympia has the look of an old German style house. One you may see in an old German film or photos from an older family members photo album.

Once inside you realize that the Olympia is a paradox of sorts. Ther decor lends no commonalities to it's German style outside.

The lobby is quaint, enough couches to sit with your family and feel at home if you are with larger group. Or if you like, you can also find a spot where you'll have a feeling of solitude.

The rooms are comfortable. They are not modern rooms with marble counter tops, granite and shale accents, which this part of Vermont is famous for.

Again the rooms are comfortable, the beds are a welcome relief for my back after the five hour drive from our home. There are more pillows on the two queen sized beds than you'll know what to do with.

Although my daughter is fourteen and is more woman than girl, we made a fort between the beds with the pillows. It felt like a comfortable fox hole and after just a minute she decided to imitate sasquatch and destroy our fort.

The rooms are straight out of a 1970s roadside motel, but with a modern twist and comfortable beds. There is a modern flatscreen T.V. perched next to a 1960s(ish, probably 70s or 80s, but it looked vintage) alarm clock.

Ther is a small refrigerator which is large enough to hold a few large bottles of water, some soda and the horrid leftovers we had from a stop on the New York State Throughway. I was pressed for time so i was unable to pick up food for our trip.

The rooms are spotless albeit vintage, but this just proves how much attention Sal and Trish put into this lodge. I'm not Anthony Melchiorri from Hotel Impossible, but i check every hotel room i stay in for cleanliness and any big activity.

It's impossible to not see from the moment you step into the room how clean it really is. Your feet don't stick to the carpet and my Sox stayed white after walking in my stocking feet all night.

The bathroom is on the smaller side and it was fun to watch my wife and daughter battle it out when it came time for makeup. There is a hair dryer so they are happy, i think it's s great idea, but i'm bald so they can have at it.

The shower was hot and had a good amount of pressure so you didn't have to watch the water trickle out. I love taking soaps home from hotels. I have several boxes from Disney and various other hotels. I didn't take these soaps because i forgot to bring our own bars, I'm not sure what brand they use here but they are adorable and i may ask for a gift bag upon checkout to add to my collection.

There are enough outlets to plug in all of our electronics(my 14 year old girl was not disappointed).

There's a pool and although it's been warm for the last few days, i would wait just a smidge more for the water to warm up. It's been a manic winter that seems bent on staying or like tonight, going out with a bang as the wind decided to roar through on its way to its next stop.

I arrived late, after they went to bed, but were arranged a way to get our room without disturbing them, or any other guests. We are three, but my son was going to join us, he is 24, so i asked for a larger room. I love him but not enough to share a bed, as we are both very broad. He also has a tendency to sleep ugly, kicking, lots of arm movement(i think he does it on purpose so he doesn't have to share a bed).

Sal immediately offered a cot so we could all sleep comfortably.

Just a few miles away is Manchester. If you enjoy shopping and saving money, that is a moderately sized outlet center with big named brands and more affordable stores so everyone can have their pick.

Orvis, the granddaddy of Fly Fishing is the original site there, with a pond that holds twenty pounds trout. Don't try to invite them homee for dinner, Orvis frowns upon that as do the police.

They also have their own outlet store so if you think $1,500.00 is too much for a tweed jacket, you can scoop one up at the outlet for a mere $1,432.00. Now that's a bargain. (I'm joking, if you look hard you can get some great deals at their outket, i have and will tomorrow. I'm actually in the market for a tweed sports coat with leather elbows)

Since this is the longest review ever, i'll only say that there are many excellent restaurants within a stones throw. If you can throw a stone twelveteen miles. But the food is good. Some not so good. Ask Sal and Trish and the other guests who've been there for a few days, or the repeat customers and you'll have plenty to go on.

I'll have you with this. The Olympia lodge has a saying, come as strangers, leave as family. Well it feels like i know them since childhood.

I just bought a house not too far from here, so i'm up to do a little work, but would rather not sleep with the squirrels that curl up next to you at night like they did a few weeks ago on my first trip to the house.

But i'm thinking we will remain friends, Sal and Trish, not the squirrels, and maybe they'll come for a few meals and nights around the fire pit.

I highly recommend the Olympia Lodge and once you visit, you'll understand why and this will be the only place you'll want to stay. Trust me, after twenty five years of trial and error, this is the place to stay. If you do, tell them Tony from Brooklyn the Red Sox fan told you about their little slice of paradise.

Tony P.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Trish and Sal make you feel at home in their charming property. The price is reasonable, the breakfast is great and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The Olympia is close to mountains, restaurants and shopping. I usually travel there in winter but this is an all season property with a lovely outdoor pool for the warmer months.

Room Tip: 2nd floor may be quieter
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank debbiechalmers2018
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Trish & Sal are the best. They open their home to you and make you feel part of their extended family. The living room and fireplace is a great place to unwind. Had a great time and look forward to returning next year or sooner.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Just looking for a place to crash and found this lodge to be a pleasant surprise. Room and bathrooms very clean, comfortable beds, quiet (2nd floor). Owners were very friendly and accommodating, nice lounge area with large fireplace, cozy sofas and chairs and wine and beer served. Best part tho may have been the “greeter” Harry, a large friendly Golden retriever who upon request will leave his duties in the reception office and allow you to pet him all day if you like. I would definitely return if back in the area

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo