“Lunch with the Kids”

Even Stevens Sandwiches
Ranked #32 of 262 Restaurants in St. George
Reviewed 3 May 2018

The Service was good and fast, Sandwiches were well done.
Environment in the restaurant was welcoming.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Tried calling his place for the first time. Menu is a little different than normal sandwich shops. The sandwiches we got were good. This place is just a little on the pricey side but not real bad.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

When we went in and read their menu it seemed to us, have weird combinations on their sandwiches - strange combinations of ingredients and house spreads that sounded really different. My wife tried the turkey sandwich, with just lettuce and tomato because their standard menu item had ingredients she does not normally get and some she did not recognize for a turkey sandwich. She felt the turkey tasted a bit funny and too different so it wasn't a place for her to return. I like a good Cuban sandwich, which a lot of places do not make. I tried their Myhami Cuban and really enjoyed it, although it was a little different in ingredients, bread and presentation than most I have had. I would go back for the Cuban sandwich, but like my wife, not so sure I would want to try their other combinations. Probably for more adventurous eaters than ourselves.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Returned for another stop at Even Stevens. Brought my son who had never heard of it.

It is, no doubt, a different atmosphere than most restaurants and may not appeal to everyone. But we enjoy it.

Looks like it is a remodeled automotive shop, with cement floors and a garage door that can open up to the outside as part of the ambiance.

Live musician was playing a variety of songs while we ate.

I had the Chicken, berry, oat salad. Delicious! and my son the Sprang Chicken sandwich, which I have had before and loved it.

We'll return again. It's just that here are so many options in the St George area, it's hard to not try many.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I keep hearing about this place and I thought I'd give it a try when my first choice for lunch with a friend fell through. He was told they have great sloppy joes.
Upon arrival it took an inordinate amount of time to place our orders, it appeared the waitress wasn't fully trained.
We both ordered the sloppy joes along with a sugar cookie.
Briefly (truth be told I thought I had finished this review eons ago but just found it in my drafts so I don't remember all details.) both of our sandwiches were cold. Now, I'm not sure but I expected a sloppy joe to be warm, but maybe that's not their gig. Regardless, there was a big chunk right in the middle that was almost solid due to the cold. I told the waitress I didn't need the chips but they brought them anyway because she couldn't figure out how to mark it that way in the computer. I told her I didn't expect a discount, I just knew I wouldn't eat them. lol Blew her mind I think, she didn't know how to react so she just brought them anyway.
The cookie was hands down the worst sugar cookie I have ever had. Like the sandwich it was cold. Cold and doughy. Not good at all.
Loved the interior and set up of the shop though the stools were some of the most uncomfortable things I've ever sat on. Admittedly I wasn't planning on staying all that long anyway, but it did cut our lunch conversation short.