“Won't go back!”
Review of Rooster Run Cafe

Rooster Run Cafe
Ranked #14 of 39 Restaurants in Hurricane
Reviewed 11 June 2021

I ordered a chopped steak with a baked potato my plate comes and it has mashed potatoes. I spoke to the waitress(who was great) she went back and asked about the baked potato, they said they were out. She did offer fries! I then started to eat my chopped steak, the whole bottom was burnt(charred to death). She says she will get me another one, which she did. I had her put it in a to-go box because my husband had finished eating by the time I got a new one. Without any potatoes because I did not want any of their alternatives. So we get the bill and it was the full price, she decides that she would give a discount. It was 10% which was about the cost of what they charge for potatoes which I never had any of. Highly disappointed in the cook, I believe the owner was there tonight, he did not even come by to see if he could help the situation. I have been there twice before and ordered the same thing each time but tonight was awful.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (28)

Reviewed 7 June 2021 via mobile

Went here for breakfast and dinner, that’s how good it is! Service was great and the food was excellent. Learned that a Flapjack is a huge pancake

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 17 May 2021

Breakfast was good overall, the only problem was the hash browns, they cook them on the griddle in a big pile, the pile was too big, they were crispy on the outside edges but the middle was totally raw. Recommend cooking in a smaller pile spread out. The homemade sausage was good, also could have been cooked a little more.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 4 May 2021

We did not look at reviews, we just went for an early dinner. We had the most amazing and actually the best Reuben we have ever had! EVER!!!! It had the right amount of ingredients in the sandwich, the bread was crusty and crispy and the sandwich was the bomb!!! So no surprise that, when we were hungry a few days later, we decided to treat ourselves to that wonderful Reuben again. When we arrived I told the hostess and our waitress that we had the best Reuben the previous week and loved it so much that we were back to have another. They acted happy? Wrong! It was like we went to a different restaurant. The pastrami was total gristle; I couldn't even bite or chew mine. All I could do was "use my napkin". I explained the issue to the waitress and asked if she would get me another one. My table companion elected to struggle through their sandwich. The cook actually sent the waitress out to explain that pastrami is like that, all gristle and he cuts as much off as possible. So let's lecture the customer who obviously has a problem with the sandwich, who clearly knows about pastrami and lets send the poor waitress out to do your bidding! Obviously it was the cook who couldn't make a proper Reuben; the ingredients were off totally with the ratios, minimal thousand islands and the sauerkraut was the wrong ratio as well. And last of all, I do not believe the cook did one thing with my sandwich except put it back on the plate and send it back. It was just as inedible the second time. Not one person said they were sorry, they pretended like all was well. The hostess actually stayed away from the hostess stand as we left. Very nuts but as I read reviews after the fact I can see that this is the norm. Sad!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 29 April 2021

Great homestyle food and wonderful services. Ended up eating her more than once. Would recommend and encourage others to eat here.

Date of visit: April 2021