All reviews pancake maker breakfast offerings service road space center yogurt pool area is up to date hot tub would stay here again nice pool off the highway the breakfast area clean rooms a wonderful stay stayed here for two nights free breakfast very nice hotel
Reviewed 19 July 2018

My husband and I were in town for a couple of days on vacation and we enjoyed our stay. This hotel has a variety of good restaurants nearby with plenty of local shopping.
On the he last morning of our stay, a couple of bus loads of kids had eaten breakfast and the person looking after the breakfast area just couldn’t keep up. The garbage cans were overflowing, there was no yogurt and the hot foods were empty. When things came out in dribs and drabs, they were gone in an instant. She should have had more help and more food should have been ordered in advance. This was a classical case of poor planning. When I was working and the sales staff came to headquarters for the day, the cafeteria was staffed with extra people and extra food had been ordered. I’m sure that these kids didn’t just appear at the HIE doorstep one evening, I’m sure they had reservations.

The hotel offered $25 tickets for Space Center Houston, which we took full advantage of.

Aside from having no food on the last day of our stay, our stay was uneventful. We would most likely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

The breakfast attendant was quite disappointing. She was more worried about the coffee machine that was full. Then having no hot food. Everything else was quite wonderful. Pool was nice and so was the bed. All in all not bad just a bad way to start the morning.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018

They had a great pool with color changing lights at night! One of the few hotels we could find for 5 people without getting 2 rooms. Hotel was clean and comfortable. It was a little pricey, so it didn't get 5 stars. Breakfast was pretty good, but I miss the waffle maker. not a fan of these new pancake makers.

Room Tip: They have suites with fold out couches. Life saver if you have more than 4 people.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The purpose of our stay was to attend a family get together in Galveston. The price was affordable compared to staying on the island and every other place I looked at outside of Galveston. It was close to many restaurants, easy on and off access to I 45. Pretty of great shopping and tourist sites including Tanger Outlet. When we arrived at the property you could immediately determine that the property was well maintained. The front desk staff was friendly. There were lots of families and a church group staying at the hotel. The room was very clean and well maintained. The pool area and basketball court were nice amenities. The only negative comment was the (which was not a biggy for me) was the breakfast room staff was struggling to maintain the appropriate amount of food and the trash cans in the breakfast area were overflowing. We will definitely stay at this property again

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I looked this place up online and it seemed quite nice, so my wife and I decided to go stay a night and get away from the kids while mother in law was in town. We showed up and I went in to book a room.... 15-20 minutes of waiting at the front desk and still nobody showed up to greet and check us in. I'm sure it's a nice place to stay, but I never found out as I got tired of waiting and left. Poor service experience that cost them a room rental.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple