“Great comfort food and salads, too”
Review of Live Oak Grill

Live Oak Grill
Ranked #8 of 372 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

These burgers are the best, but the pecan crusted chicken salad is a winner, too. It can be hard to get a parking place, then you wait in line to order. But this is so worth it!! The menu has a wide variety of sandwiches and burgers and salads and comfort food. Something for everyone!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I have eaten there a couple of times and the place has very good burgers and their onion rings are the best. Very good place to grab a bite to eat or take your food home.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Overpriced and my cheeseburger wasn't that good at all. It was really crowded; we got there at noon and had to wait in line (which was outside part of the time) for probably a good 15 minutes. Seats were hard to come by, too.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

As one approaches this restaurant the roof is the most striking sight you will see...a painting of the a Texas flag the size of the entire roof. It alone is worth a visit, but having come that far and being meal time, what awaits inside is a board menu the size of Texas. Not really, but the choices are amazing.

Having eaten at the grill several times, my mood sets the direction. Everyone brags about the chicken fried steak and rightfully so. I have eaten chicken fried steak all over the State of Texas, and Live Oak Grill's is definitely at the top. It's big enough to share, too, but I don't. For salmon lovers a great fish dinner awaits. I don't care much for salmon, but if I think it's time for my body to have fish, this is where I would go. Mashed potatoes are great (not full of garlic to make them something there not supposed to be). Just put salt, pepper and butter on them and you are good to go; a tasty potato that makes you want more. The portions if most any dish are huge, so don't worry about not having enough the first time. All dinners are served with two sides. Try the grilled pork chops. I've been told they are good.

Oh gosh, then there are the fantastically good hamburgers and fries, a staple. It's hard to beat a burger from here...six ounces of Angus beef with all the trimmings.

I like all I've mentioned above, but have yet to try the pork chops. Next time I'll make that my mission.

Let's not forget the service. Wether ordering at the counter the counter or having your table cleared while lingering with desert, it's all good...courteous and efficient

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Food has many Texas treats and daily specials. you can get your favorite beer or margarita and sit outside under the trees while the kids play in the sandbox or on the playground or eat inside. Food is great and so are the employees.