“This was once my "go to" place for Tex Mex in the Houston area. Not so much anymore.”

Berryhill Baja Grill
Ranked #45 of 435 Restaurants in Sugar Land
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Last night will probably be the last time I eat there when it's my choice. My food was mediocre at best. They charge extra for sauce on fish tacos and so put as little as they can on the "regular" order, i guess. Sauce is very runny, not the way that I remember it. Out of a party of 5, 4 orders got delivered together and they acknowledged that they needed to get the last one out. However, the last one didn't come out until we asked for it after several minutes. It came immediately after we asked for it. My guess is that it was sitting there and they forgot where it needed to go. So possibly the kitchen staff erred in not getting all orders ready together and the servers erred in not remembering to bring the last order. I'll go back if someone else wants it but I doubt that I will choose it again myself.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Visited family & took them to a favorite place: Berryhill. Really enjoyed theatmosphere, food, service & company. Great prices & order came as requested. Nice evening!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

This place always has good food and great margaritas. Quick service as well. Their nachos are the bomb.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We went there Sunday and maybe it was a slow day. My husband enjoyed his meal. Mine was too salty. They did not have chips out, the restaurant actually felt sticky. They
redecorated it and the walls are so dark and gloomy. This used to be a favorite of mine.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 May 2018

I know it is privately owned, so they shrink their tamales. I am a ala cart girl. The queso is very expensive.

Date of visit: November 2017