All reviews hi express stayed here air conditioner was loud friendly attitude fitness room check in was easy short stay water pressure good size choose this hotel beds were comfortable houston area business linens freeway meeting
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by a young lady for Check-in. I informed her that the reservation she pulled up on her screen was different than the one I booked online (I booked a king bed and the reservation was for two doubles). She did not confirm that she was going to change the accommodations, so I asked her what type room it would be, as she handed me the room keys. She rudely answered “king.” The room seemed pretty dated. As we were getting ready for bed, I pulled off all of the sheets/comforter and exposed a fitted sheet that was tremendously stained with Lord know what. There were four massive, crusty stains on the fitted sheet. I immediately called the Front Desk and asked for a new fitted sheet. The next morning, I was looking forward to the “Fresh, Hot Pancakes” that were advertised in the elevator. When we enter the breakfast area, I see a big sign that says, “OUT OF ORDER.” The breakfast was sub-par. Later that day, Housekeeping came around and I asked for some big towels. Much to my dismay, the lady informed me that they did not have any and I would have to go down to the Front Desk to obtain some. I blew it off and went to the “gym.” Again, disappointed! It was hotter in there than it was outside – August in Texas, c’mon. I examined the a/c and discovered that the plug did not fit any receptacle that was near the unit. I shrugged it off and got on the treadmill – it made the most horrible screeching I have ever heard. I got off and went over to another treadmill. This one was a bit better. I finished my workout and decided to go to the Front Desk to obtain those big towels for a shower. A gentleman came out of the back room, on the phone, and nodded his head, as to say, “What do you want?” I told him that Housekeeping said I had to get a towel from the Front Desk. Without a reply, he went out from behind the Front Desk and over to a Supply Room. Five or so minutes later, a housekeeper came out of the elevator, lugging a bag of laundry way too heavy for her, and asked if I was waiting for something. I told her that I was waiting for big towels. Soon after, the gentleman, still on the phone, came out and handed me the towels. He did not acknowledge me or say “sorry for the wait.” Getting into bed later that night, I discovered another stain. This time, it was on the comforter. It looked like make-up or coffee. I did not even bother to call the front desk. I had enough of this place. The next morning we did not bother with the breakfast. We went to Egg & I, which was amazing. I was glad to leave this horrible place and will likely never stay at a Holiday Inn Express ever again. I have had good experiences with Holiday Inn & Suites. I guess there is a great disparity between these two branches of Holiday Inn. I should have booked the Hilton on University and Hwy 6!

Room tip: Stay somewhere else!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

The hotel and staff were amazing. Everything we need was available at the hotel or within driving distance some even walking distance. The area around the hotel is quite you could walk the parking lot just for the workout, it's safe. I will return here in the future.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We stayed a single night here June 3, 2016. The bed was very comfortable, (as HI Express always are), the room was nice and clean, the breakfast tasty and the coffee strong. The only downside was very little hot water in the shower. You could get either hot water with no pressure, or warm water with okay pressure. The front desk was aware of the problem (not new); a shame they haven't remedied this yet.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

It was very close to the freeway and the mall plus lots of eateries nearby.

I was moved 3 times. The first room had a slow draining sink and no hot water. Second room--no hot water. Third room, hot water in the sink but lukewarm water via shower.The front desk apologized and said they would notify maintenance.

The room was clean, comfortable bed, and the hotel was quiet. The front desk was courteous. Check in and out was quick and easy.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2016

When my credit card wasn't accepted the staff were really patient and helpful while I contacted the issuer and got the card cleared for use (used in more than 2 countries in less than 24 hours). The rooms were large and clean, but the bathrooms were rather small and show signs of wear & tear.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a large bathroon.
Date of stay: April 2016