All reviews lake view whole foods across the bridge walking path business hotel rooms are spacious free shuttle nice location the breakfast area sitting area free breakfast safe area shuttle service enjoyed my stay yogurt excellent hotel dining options
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I had a pretty good feeling Hurricane Harvey was going to be the horrific catastrophe event that it was so I booked a room for my partner and I in advance as they would allow him to bring his Senior Pug Dog with no surcharge which was very kind but that is where the kindness ended.

I have had cancer and I am not in good health and I have Interstitial Lung Disease and I am a patient at National Jewish Health in Denver the Number One Pulmonary Hospital in the World. My longevity is maybe three more years but I am not on Oxygen yet. Sugar Land Texas has a very strict ordnance that you many not smoke within 25 feet of a public entrance, yet the pictures not only show they are, but the manager with then in the really close to the door pictures. I repeatedly complained to the staff who were not the same color crayon color as I and they told me very directly that they did not care and that my life did not matter. Incredible-was it my crayon color or my something else? I got the same answer over and over with poor smokers where are they going to smoke? My response-their is a city ordinance that you are required to uphold and the Law is the Law. My health, which I had told them about in simple terms, they said, that’s not my problem and your life does not matter.

They did take in refugees perhaps for free which normally would have been a great kindness. But they only took their own crayon color and turned everyone else away. I remember being in line at the desk on morning to what else, complain about the cigarette gauntlet and the fact that I could not breathe and their was a nice family in front of me and they were Muslim, who cares, they needed shelter, and I had a good idea they were as the women had their hair and bodies covered. I heard them being told their was no room sorry and the father was almost crying as he was obviously desperate and begging them. The people working could not have been colder, wrong crayon color, get out. I felt really sorry for them and sat down to eat the leftovers from the non paying guests as they were now being fed first due to crayon color matching the staff and the paying guests got the left over trash. So as I sat and ate my Charles Dickens Gruel with thank you sir May I please have another as I hate hominy running through my head, I watched. A familiar of the correct crayon color came in needing free shelter and of course it was provided. Many brought their Pit Bulls as well and running that Gauntlet was equally terrifying and those beasts ate the breakfast I had paid for and I got hominy. Yuck.

To sum it up, they failed to enforce city Law regarding smoking.

I told them I have a very serious lung condition and they told me my life does not matter

But smokers rights matter and the Property Manager joins them

Their selection of refugees was disgustingly racist-how would you feel if you had been turned away?

Their treatment of me was probably racist and anti Semitic to boot

I tried to deal with Hyatt Corp privately and all they did was take away my miles for this paid stay. Ridiculous

If they respond it will be some trash about my “unfairness” or “this never happened” “ we are not racist look at this award” or whatever baloney they want to fling. Whatever they say it will be a lie, they put my life in danger and failed to follow City Law.

Bottom line, if we could have left, we would have, but we got water in our place and the mold was killing me. I was trapped at the Hyatt in a Death Trap due to their failure to support the City Law until we could get the moldy carpet removed from the Death Trap at home.

Don’t ever stay here, even if your life depends on it like mine did. They don’t give a flying rat’s rump

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rts96
TeresaT2506, General Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

From all of us at the Hyatt your recovery and well being will be in our thoughts and prayers. The Hyatt Place is under new ownership and management. Hurricane Harvey was a very trying time for all. The team's worked tirelessly to make sure all guest were comfortable and safe. Storms of any severity are stressful for all parties. We empathize with you and thank you for sharing your concerns.

Warm Regards
Teresa Thomas

Reviewed 3 October 2018

This has Friendly staff in comfortable surroundings.
Clean lobby and rooms-I would recommend this hotel as it has reasonable prices and good breakfast in the morning.
good for families, business or with a group of guys for a golf-get-away.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
TeresaT2506, General Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jim R

Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again on your next visit. Happy Fall!

Warm Regards
Teresa Thomas

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The hotel staff was super friendly and inviting! The room was much larger than we expected. We have family in Sugar Land with a new baby and we were less than 10 minutes from them. We were also less than a mile from many dining choices and even a whole Foods. It was a comfortable stay that we will choose again!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear skuhner

Congratulations on the new baby. Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs during such an important event. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to see that baby.

Happy Baby Spoiling
Teresa

Reviewed 1 October 2018

I checked the reviews on TripAdvisor before I booked online. I was glad that other reviewers said it was a safe area and a really nice hotel. I needed a room for 4 so I booked a 2 queen room with a sofa bed. Looked great. All the reviews were great. We were very excited. I knew I would be getting in late that evening so I went online and messaged Hyatt that I wouldn’t be checking in until after 10pm. I worked all day but called the hotel to again let them know we would be leaving New Orleans and wouldn’t be arriving until late. Then drove 6 hours to Sugar Land/Houston Hyatt. During the drive I received a phone call from the front desk of the hotel asking if we were still coming because the hotel was booked and they wanted to know if they could give my room away. I told the girl that we were on our way and that I had called and confirmed that we would be arriving very late. When we finally arrived we were exhausted but excited to be there. When I went to the front desk I was greeted by two young men working the desk who informed me that the only room left that they had held for me was a king room! I was so disappointed!!! I wanted to cry, but I didn’t fuss or make a stink. I am not confrontational at all. I asked how 4 of us would sleep in a room with a king and they said it had a pull out sofa bed. Okay, I thought we could at least sleep. Not once did they apologize or offer to rectify the situation at all. They said that the next day when other guest check out and housekeeping cleans the rooms that I would be notified and get the room that I booked with 2 queen beds. As soon as we walked into our king room I could see the burn holes from a cigarette on the sofa. That’s gross and not something you want to see when you check into a nice hotel!The next day at 3pm I called the front desk bc we needed more towels and I asked how my 2 queen room was working out. They clearly forgot about me! I was told me needed to hurry as fast as possible so housekeeping could come clean the room we were in and that they could give us a new room. Within minutes an employee was at our door with the luggage cart and the keys to the new room. No one ever said sorry for the inconvenience or thanks for being a good sport....Nothing!!!!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear lairdcrew

My apology for the service you received is late but genuine. I am aware of the evening and our shortage of that particular type of room. Although the issues was out of our control, we obviously handled it badly in your case and I am very sorry. There is a training opportunity here and I thank you for sharing your experience. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Please let me know next time your going to be in the area. I can be reached at the hotel. Thank you!

Reviewed 30 September 2018

This hotel is in a great neighborhood location, with wonderful walking paths around a lake. The hotel is immaculately clean, well maintained, and very modern. The front desk personnel are extremely cordial, and always willing to assist with anything. The rooms are VERY comfortable, and housekeeping does a great job - I've never been in a cleaner room - ever. Each time I returned to the room towards evening, it looked as if nobody had ever slept there before. The free breakfasts were very satisfying, and the hotel is an excellent value. This was the second Hyatt Place I have stayed at, and when I travel, I ALWAYS look for a Hyatt Place. Great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear garyasebold

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your positive review is most appreciated. Our team truly cares about each and every guest and every little detail. We wish you safe travels and look forward to your return.

Teresa