All reviews sausage choice hotels indoor pool business meeting first floor complimentary breakfast waffles comfortable rooms downtown houston joe electricity supermarket alpine cereal shampoo pillows internet
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We reserved a handicap-accessible room with 2 beds from Expedia. On arrival Sunday we were told that one wasn't available but would be available Monday. On Monday we were told it wasn't available but would be available Tuesday. On Tuesday we were told it wasn't available but would be available Wednesday, or we could get a single King-sized bed in a handicap room, which would not work given my wife's condition.

My wife is in a wheelchair, and I was barely able to maneuver her to the bathroom from her bed and back. It was extremely hard and dangerous to transfer her to the commode without adequate space. In addition to this, both of our room card-keys were deprogrammed--TWICE!--and I was told that sometimes they were accidentally deprogrammed if exposed to consumer electronics. (Really? TWO different cards with the same rare problem? TWICE?)

Because this hardship took an enormous toll on my wife's health, we had to cut our trip short, and asked the hotel to adjust our stay from 6 nights to 5. They told me they couldn't, that it was up to Expedia to allow this change. When I called Expedia they said they would "negotiate" the change in our itinerary. The following was Expedia's reply:

" Dear _____,
We have advocated your case with the Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford - Sugarland and they approved your early check out however they cannot process a refund, hotel will still charged you full amount.
Thank you for choosing Expedia.
Sheryl
Expedia Customer Service Team"

How good of them to allow us to leave! Although without our 2-night refund, of course.

We finally left Thursday morning, at which time they said they could have made any changes we liked if we had made reservations with them directly instead of using Expedia.

Bottom line: I will NEVER again use Expedia, nor Sleep Inn & Suites - Sugarland, and will strongly urge everyone I encounter to avoid these entities like the plague.

Room Tip: Never, ever set foot in this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve stayed here numerous times. A good location for business. The breakfast could improve (no sausage floating in grease) but it’s adequate. Quiet and comfortable rooms however and the staff is helpful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I can't actually review the room as it was canceled by the hotel the day of the reservation. This was also immediately following hurricane Harvey & there were no other rooms available in town. I have been on the property & there was no apparent damage from the record flooding in Houston so that wasn't a reason for the cancellation. The national number for the hotel (from their website) claimed the reservation was still good however the actual hotel claimed it was canceled and the had no rooms to reinstate the booking. I never received any explanation why they just decided to not honor a standing reservation. My best guess is the franchise owner rented the room to a walk-in from the storm at full/inflated price instead of honoring the web price (discounted?) for the reservation.
The end result is being left with no room in a town with over 10,000 flood evacuees also looking for rooms.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017

In one of the worst times to be in Southeast Texas, during HURRICANE HARVEY and a MANDATORY EVACUATION, we managed to find shelter at the SLEEP INN AND SUITES in Stafford, TX. The Inn and its wonderful, patient, staff members saved us. We live nearby but we had to leave our house due to flooding concerns. Many neighbors were scrambling to find something suitable. We found this cozy Inn, a part of the Choice Hotels chain. It is a pet friendly establishment (big + for us) so we were able to take our cat, TABBY. The rooms were big, the beds comfy and we had electricity and running water! Yea. TV watching was sketchy due to Direct TV satellite signal problems...but that was nothing compared to hundreds of thousands evacuees all over the Houston region who ended up in cramped public shelters. All surrounding restaurants and supermarkets were closed, but we felt lucky that despite the menacing times, the hotel managed to serve a warm breakfast at the hotel without difficulty.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We left our home in Fort Bend to stay at the Sleep Inn. Amidst the chaos of the storm, Amir and Joe remained calm and courteous as a steady stream of weary and wet people sought shelter from the driving rain. They were short-staffed, so we didn't experience all that they normally have to offer, but what they did offer was just what we needed - a dry room (they never flooded), a comfortable bed, cable so we could track the storm and breakfast (more than adequate for the price/night and situation). And they allow dogs!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family