“Six weeks to live”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

My neighbor texts me about breakfast. My wife said I just cleaned the kitchen, you're not making breakfast for you and Eric in my kitchen. Rats!
We decided on a local greasy spoon called Avalon in Sugarland. I noticed on the menu chicken fried steak omelette! I asked Claudia about it. She said "yes sir that's chicken fried steak inside an omelette covered with gravy served with biscuits, hash browns." "I said omg that's crazy talk!" Our server said "I know and very delicious!" Ok my life according to my doctor went from six weeks of living to four weeks, wait three weeks! If you have a fews weeks to live, I highly recommend you try the chicken fried steak omelette before you go. Stay hungry amigo!
El Gordo.

5  Thank Daniel H

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Great place for breakfast. Plenty to choose from on the menu. We went for the mega meat omelette special and the chicken fried steak. Both were tasty and well cooked. Staff were very friendly and service was good. Cost was pretty cheap too.

2  Thank luffie
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Good lunch plenty of options we ordered chili soup very tasty and mushroom burger the meat is done good and was very nice looks like the speciality are breakfast

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We've done weekend breakfasts for the last few years. Great staff for the most part but lately they have been short staffed and the ones who are left work hard for their money and have a great attitude. They used to have cottage fries for breakfast which were far better than the pasty hash browns they have. Our biggest issue, other than an owner who appears to be hands off, is that we've been there twice to see open carry gun owners come in. We left the first time, endured the second, and will not be back until they post the sign denying access to open carry. I do not feel any safer knowing the guy a few booths down is packing. Too sad for Avalon.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I took his parents out for Sunday breakfast. They had never been before. There was a wide variety of items to choose from for breakfast, and we each chose something different. My motherinlaw had huevos ranchero, my fatherinlaw had a sausage omelette, my husband had eggs with jalapeños, chorizo and other ingredients, while I had scrambled eggs with chorizo in a wholewheat tortilla and grits. Everyone enjoyed their meal, and the server was very kind and courteous. This restaurant originated in 1938, and is still serving great food. I recommend it to everyone!

1  Thank Denise K