“Decent Mexican Food.”

Los Gallitos
Ranked #24 of 103 Restaurants in Stafford
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 July 2015

If you need a good lunch and live in the area, this place is pretty good for what you pay for. Great service, decent food, good price.

Reviewed 26 November 2014 via mobile

Good place for lunch. Service was fast and all tasted good. I had the taco salad and enjoyed it but would love to try dinner and some margaritas.

Reviewed 8 October 2014

I have eaten here 3 times now, the first time it was by suggestion that our group try something new. Everyone was pleased with the quality of the food and especially the service staff. We went back about 2 months later and got the same great service and same tasty food. I decided to take my family here this past weekend and had an excellent meal along with awesome service. They have a wide menu selection and unlimited chips and salsa (both green and red) are delivered when they see you nearing the bottom.

1  Thank drb622013
Reviewed 12 October 2013

A couple of years ago, I got a copy of the "Dining on the Cheap in Houston" Book and started checking out some of the not so well known spots around town. That brought me to the Los Gallitos location in Stafford, on Murphy Road. (They have another location in Sugar Land, on Highway 6.) I have to say, this one find, alone, was worth the price of the book. They've got excellent TexMex and an extensive menu. It's not fancy but it's not low-rent, either. You could take your wife, as I did, or your business partner, as I did, and have a conversation, or settle in to the bar and try some of their excellent margaritas. Plenty of parking and friendly, unpretentious service. No wine selection to speak of but good beers, including Negra Modelo!

1  Thank edwardsjbe
Reviewed 1 March 2013

It was National Margarita Day. I was not aware but found out from a friend. I was working a double and was near by this restaurant. I asked some of my co-workers, as I am not from the area, and they all had something good to say about this place.

I called up my informant of the margarita day and she met me for last call at this locale.

We got there 5 mins prior to closing. NO ISSUES! No sour faces, nothing rude was said, all SMILES. From everyone working. The server was Alejandro and he is the best. He got what we needed and served us with a smile.

We ordered our margaritas, one each. Salt on the rocks and it was fabulous. We also ordered guac and chips. It was prepared table side. I love table side and this was made fresh and to order. Beautiful job!

That was Friday night. The next night, Saturday night, I worked again in the area and my same friend was working down the street. It was late again, not as late as before but we wanted to get a small bite to eat and have a drink after a long weekend that was not over yet.

We went back for a second night. We asked for Alejandro....and there he was. Everyone was so nice and those that remembered us from the night before were very kind and went out of their way to say hello.

We got to know Alejandro a bit more. He is a hard working father.

This time we ordered margaritas, same as before.
Instead of guac, we had the chicken fajita nachos app to split. It was que rico!!!!

A definite must!!! for the area.

I hope we have our next after work social there in the weeks to come.

2  Thank pinkladysupport

Been to Los Gallitos? Share your experiences!