All reviews front desk many restaurants in the area great success great place to stay eggs future visits free breakfast business trip would stay here again houston area three nights the hotel staff shopping and restaurants home away from home parking lot melanie wedding
Reviewed 13 August 2018

This is by far one of the most uncomfortable stays I have had. I am a business traveler and travel nearly 50 percent of the time. I selected this hotel because I was trying to find a location near a funeral home that I had to attend last minute. I arrived late only to find that this was not a Comfort Inn but some other chain. Although they accommodated my request for a non-adjoining room on a low floor, the conditions in the room were unfit for sleeping. First of all the humidity level in the room was worse than outside. The room smelled moldy and was extremely damp as if there had been a flood. I asked for another room and the nice receptionist obliged. This next room was slightly better but the smell and humidity remained extremely high and made it difficult to sleep. The inroom wall air conditioning unit was extremely loud. I put my car air freshener on the AC unit to try to alter the smell in the room. The wallpaper and fixtures are in need of updating. While waiting for the water to get warm I noticed discoloration on the washcloth from the water - yellowed in multiple places. I opted to use my bottled water to brush my teeth. If you are on a very tight budget with children this may be OK for one night as it has a refrigerator, microwave and pull out sofa. Had it not been 1130 pm, I would have found another location. I just arrived home and unpacked my bag. All of my clothes have to be washed because they smell stale and moldy exactly like the hotel. I would not advise anyone to stay here particularly if they have allergies or asthma. I kept the AC unit on 60 and still had no relief. I left as soon as I could in the morning.

Room Tip: I recommend you find another location as there are plenty of hotel chains in the area.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Julie T, Manager at Comfort Suites Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you for responding and letting us know what problems you incurred as it is the only way we have of finding a solution. We are buying a commercial grade dehumidifier to address this issue, but would be most appreciative if you would let us know what room you were in. We will check all the rooms on the first floor, but your assistance would help narrow it down for us. We will certainly address all issues relayed here and hope that if you return to our location, you will find a totally different experience. Thank you for your patience while we update the rooms. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. We will strive to make your future experience a more pleasant one.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I've stayed here many times. Some of the public areas are showing some wear, but the rooms are still great! Rooms big, clean, functional. Lots of open counter space in the bathroom. The TV pivots to easily be seen from desk, or couch, or bed. Lots of electrical connections. Nice wireless printing system. In other words, lots of the little things that make things easier and more comfortable when on the road.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2018

The Comfort Suites was a wonderful stay for our trip to Houston. The hotel staff was excellent, room was very clean everyday, location to shopping and restaurants was excellent as well. Our commute to downtown Houston in early mornings was smooth and easy to get to our destinations each day. We will stay with Comfort suites for all our future visits.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel. My room was very clean and the front desk person (Jordan) was very professional and sweet. She checked me in really quickly. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We used this place for part of a wedding party. The service & staff were excellent. Rooms were clean & towels were replaced every morning. The breakfast was pretty good, had some options of hot or cold. The area was great with many restaurants around.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family