All reviews minute walk would stay here again beach access nice room ocean view island padre spi
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed this past weekend. We originally had reservations for Ramada inn. When we went to our room at the Ramada in we saw roaches so we called Holiday Inn and asked if they had any rooms and that we are leaving Ramada because of roaches. We walking into Holdiday Inn and the lobby was under construction. We asked to see a room before we checked in and it was nice and clean. So when we checked in, only one elevator working which was smelly and dirty. Then our room had a odor and minutes later we saw roaches. We called the front desk and they offered money off and we decided to stay. So every night we had to kill roaches. We purchased roach spray and bought candles to keep room smelling clean. They had brown and black roaches in the phone, climbing on the wall every night. We had to keep our luggage in trash Bags so the roaches wouldn’t travel back with us which they desperately tried to go with us. It’s like every hotel had roaches and I can’t believe none of the reviews are showing they have roaches cause they do!!! The breakfast was good and the guy at the front desk was nice.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Hello shyhaila,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I'm pleased to know you liked the breakfast selections we offer. On the other hand, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you had due to the on-going construction in our lobby. I'm also sorry for the unexpected experience you had with the cleanliness of our elevator and the room you received. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For this reason, we find your comments troubling. Nevertheless, I've noted down your comments and passed them over to our internal teams so they can check the areas that may need further/more attention. I have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details.

Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

So we arrived on a Friday night to stay for two nights while working the weekend at South Padre Island. Walking in the first thing we see is the foyer is under construction. Ok but they should have made that known when I booked a week ago. Anyway, we check in but there was no request for ID or credit card to be presented which I thought strange, but ok. I noticed an odor in the foyer but thought might be due to the construction. On the way to the elevator, we walked past some dead fish in the large aquarium. Ok I am getting worried now. We take the elevator to the 4th floor and discover the elevator was not only unclean and smelly with missing lightbulbs but also better described as a rollercoaster with sound effects and all. We get to the 4th floor room and I actually thought I might be imagining or overreacting to what I smelt. So we went to get dinner then came back only to confirm the stench in the room. So I went to the front desk to see if they could give us another room. Took me ten minutes to find someone who was not at the front desk when I found him. He did offer a downgraded room on the same floor and allowed me to check the room before hand. This second room was not as smelly as the first room but in travelling up and down the elevator mulitple times I realized the entire 4th floor had an unwelcoming stench. I also overheard a young family having to calm the kids in their reaction to the experience of the rollercoaster/elevator. So the second room seemed acceptable and even though it was a downgraded room the front desk fellow insisted I would need to speak to management the next day if I wanted any form of compensation. So on my way back to the second room, I took some pictures including pics of a pile of wood with three inch nails sticking up near the side entrance. So I will be speaking to management tomorrow

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Hello SharonSchembri,

Thanks for staying and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by the cleanliness and state of our rooms. Clearly, your stay was not what you expected. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and I am sorry for letting you feel otherwise. I'll definitely share your thoughts with our hotel management team as a reference for future enhancements.

We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better experience upon your return.

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is clean. Is not right across from the beach. There is no beachview. You can walk to the beach because is right across. The pool is nice. The room was clean. The breakfast was the bomb!!! Omg! Lots of choices!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank EGPOOH
hiespi, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- South Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and next time ask for a room facing the bay those rooms actually have a view of the water.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Would stay here again in a heartbeat!! Great breakfast. No ocean view, but a 200 yard private access walk will get you to the beach. Quiet hotel. Within walking distance of several eateries and a CVS pharmacy.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank kesmithstl1

Glad you enjoyed your stay and we do look forward to having you back with us in the future .right now we are going under some renovations so your next visit the hotel will be completely different and a lot nicer.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We will never stay here again.

We arrived before check-in, and front desk clerk told me there were no rooms ready. I went to the car and got our bathing suites (clerk told us we could swim while waiting). After changing, I checked again with a different clerk, and she said there was a room ready. Maybe a room had been cleaned in that time, but I wonder if the first clerk lied because he did not even look on the computer before telling me there were not any rooms ready.

The second clerk told us only one of the two elevators was working, and the one that was working was slow. We were on the 4th floor. The elevator made loud noises when it stopped--it was a bit concerning.

Some of the rooms are smoking; some are nonsmoking. We had a nonsmoking, but we could smell the smoke in the hallways and our bathroom!

Even being on the 4th floor, we could hear the people at the pool partying. The pool was always packed. It was the weekend, but I was surprised how many people were there.

The room was worn out and unattractive. The shower head had low pressure.

The breakfast was not very good, and it was always crowded.

To get to the beach, you have to walk on a dark sidewalk, through some condos. As a woman, I did not feel safe walking there at night alone.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

At the moment we are under renovations so the whole hotel is going to be completely updated from the carpet in the room to all the furniture in the hotel. The elevator itself should be up and running properly by next week. as for the pool during the weekends we are always almost booked up so it can get crowed at times but it does close at 11. as well as the breakfast, after 8 o'clock it can get very busy with guest. So I do apologize for you incontinence but the next time you come to the island give us another chance and you will not even recognize the hotel since everything will be brand new.