1,202 results
All reviews pool area breakfast was amazing first floor omelet free breakfast waffles tacos tortillas hot tub small balcony bar and grill ocean view spring break beds were comfortable family vacation nice pool off season
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel this past Monday- based on all the reviews posted of how great it is and I being number 1 on trip advisor. I got a standard king room and the rate was $630 for two night including taxes.
I was reviewing the hotel on Thursday night and rate dropped to $450 for the same room on Wednesday night. Thursday night I checked and it was less money for the same exact room.

I printed everything out, took it to front desk at check in point and they said three was nothing that can be done.

Basically, because I booked early I got punished by paying a higher rate.

I was very reasonable- I suggested an upgrade, or a voucher, or just the difference of the amount back on my credit cArd.

Well apparently none of that can be
Done- even though I booked directly from their website.

I will say they did cancel my reservation without charging me the cancellation fee so for that I am grateful. I spoke to the front desk manager and the general manager and There was NOTHING they could do.

Instead we stayed are staying at the holiday in express down the street and for a Lower rate.

We are celebrating my husbands birthday and his being in America for a year. Wasn't the way we planned on starting out our mini vacation, but glad we got it resolved and they were willing to waive the cancellation fee.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Dear Meisa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please accept our apologies for the check-in issues your experienced. Please be assured that your comments have been taken very seriously and it will be followed up accordingly. Again, I apologize and thank you for taking the time to address your concerns.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Our first time in South Padre, friendly staff and wonderful location. Rooms were clean, did not have any problems. enjoyed our stay, was very relaxing. We will definitely stay here again. The walkway down to the beach was very nice. The beach was clean, I enjoyed the wash station at the pool, made for quick clean up before tracking sand from the beach into the motel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Dear guest,

Thank for sharing your experience of your recent stay. It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed our serene location and our friendly staff. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

This is a great family hotel. If you're not traveling with kids and want a relaxing stay, you may want to skip it. Recent reviews are spot on - excellent location with easy walk across boardwalk to lovely beach. Hotel lobby and rooms have been updated but not the bathrooms (very worn cultured marble counters with clamshell sinks and acrylic one piece tub & shower surround). Upstairs hallways are carpeted but not the area in front of the rooms that face the Gulf - combined with tile floored rooms, this makes for a VERY LOUD experience. Lots of families with kids (nice to see them enjoying themselves but not always to hear). Felt very sorry for anyone staying in rooms on first floor with tile hallway. We stayed in room 341 with balcony looking out to beach with pool directly below (kids pool to be specific = loud). There were 2 chairs but you could not sit in them because the balcony is too narrow. Used the chairs to dry swimsuits and towels...not worth the price premium for balcony room. First room we were given was 345 - right across from ice machine - very noisy as it is not enclosed in a room. Switched to 341 in which one could still hear the ice machine but not as much. All rooms with balconies overlooking pool/beach are in the wing of the hotel where the ice machine is located. AC wasn't working but a very polite and efficient maintenance guy came who serviced the unit and we had cool air an hour later. Have to commend the friendly cleaning staff who were always present on the first floor mopping hallway and elevator areas (lots of guests walk through from beach/pool leaving wet trails).Staff in breakfast room are also to be commended - great food, fast service and they were very friendly.

Room tip: 345 and 346 are directly next to ice machine, 341-344 can still hear it but not as loud
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sjltx

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I would like to apologize for not having been able to meet your expectations on your last visit. We strive and work hard to create the ultimate guest experience for our valued guests. We're therefore very disappointed that we were unable to create that for you. Please know that it is our sincere hope to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

I was a little skeptical because I work in the Hotel industry and have been for the last 15 years. I've worked in every department except maintenance so my standards are high. They balance between #1 & #2 for a reason. This hotel didn't look so good from the outside looking in but once I got into the hotel I was very impressed. You can tell it's a little bit older but they have done great renovations. I loved the fact that we did not have carpet in our room seeing that we were on a beach it made since. The free breakfast was good (easy on the butter though). Overall this was about $150 less than what I would've paid at the Hilton without a view and balcony and they couldn't have exceeded my expectations any more. Plus I got a balcony room with a view. I loved the live music, free lounging chairs on the beach ( I think we may have to pay for them when I stay at the Hilton) :(

Room tip: Lower floors are better just in case on of the two elevators they have go out :)
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlsie P

Dear Charlsie,

Thank you for your review. We're overjoyed to hear that you had such an amazing time and that we were able to exceed your expectations on every front. I will be sure to share your gracious comments with the entire staff as I know how much it will mean to everyone to hear your appreciative remarks. Thank you again for taking the time out of your to share your positive feedback with us, we truly appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back to again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Clean room. Friendly Staff. Good Price. Decent Amenities. Perfect Location. We typically rent a condo for privacy but we opted to try a hotel this time so I was worried about the freedom but it was a good experience. We rented the 3 bedroom suite and it was very spacious. Location to beach is perfect. Just a short walk across their bridge and you're there. View from balcony is great.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Aaron R, Guest Relations Manager at La Copa Inn Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for a glowing review! We genuinely appreciate your comments and are extremely delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.