See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Walking distance to the beach, great customer service, the room was small but it was clean, and very cozy. My wife and I loved it so much we booked another night, and extended our vacation. Loved It! We will never stay at any other hotel in rockport.

Room tip: Call them in person.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I made reservations and indicated I have 2 small dogs. We checked in I checked the box and put a 2 in the box. We found our room and it was hot. One of my dogs dragged a whole slice of pizza out from under the bed. There were tags laying on the floor beside one bed, maybe from new clothing? I received a call later in the evening from the front desk wanting me to come down because they didn't charge me for my dogs! ?? I was exhausted and said I'd take car of it the next morning. The room never cooled off and none of us slept well. Next day maid knocks and I let her know we will be out shortly. We leave taking dogs with us. When we get back hours later the room hasn't been touched. I go to desk, explain room wasn't attended to and we need towels. The room is hot. We want a fan. He charges me $69.00 for my dogs. Told me to bring him our used towels and to move the furniture. I asked "you want ME to move the furniture?"He replied "yes"! He finally told me he would go to Walmart and buy a fan, however we never saw it and roasted that night also! Huge thumbs down Blue Wave! Being overcharged for a hot, dirty room doesn't make for happy guests! I hope you can get your act together, but I'll stay elsewhere!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank nolamackey
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Great location! Check In time is 2 pm not 3 pm. Next to a good Mexican restaurant and close to many other restaurants, housekeeping came by in the morning. it's being remodeled so if you can see past that then you will be ok. I loved the shaded picnic table, upstairs deck and the BBQ/pool area, we didn't use them ONLY because I didn't know about it until we got there. It's not for the rich and snooty, it's outdated.It's outdated, could use some updating inside the rooms and reception area, coffee was not good, breakfast was not appealing and the breakfast sitting area was too small so we did not bother with it and had to go out to eat breakfast instead, especially did not like where the A/C unit was located within the room because it made it really hard to evenly cool. Need better parking , I was a little annoyed that it was an issue for me to ask front desk for an extra pillow and an extra fitted sheet for our air bed. My biggest disappointment was. Not with the hotel it was the front desk guy informed me that if I had just called directly to them to book instead of using booking.com my rate would have been $50 cheaper, but booking.com adds on to the price for their commissions and stuff. So I'll be calling hotels directly from now on!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Rose R
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I got a room online for this hotel. $110. I arrived at 5pm in a hurry to get to dinner by 6. The owner of the hotel, as he stated, wouldnt stop hitting on me, making sexual comments, saying he would give me discounts for sexual favors! I was in shock. I was running late, i had already paid cash & it was obnoxious. I went to the room, disgusting. No tissues, or toilet paper, smelled & carpet looked 30 yrs old. I felt like i would catch something. I got a disinfectant spray while out. Its a great location..too bad its a gross hotel with vial owners.

Date of stay: April 2017