BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$219
US$191
Days Inn by Wyndham Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$162
Hotels.com
Captain's Quarters Inn(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$153
The Place Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$194
Tropic Island Resort(Port Aransas)
US$305
  • Pool
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$169
US$164
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$177
US$171
Amelia's Landing Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$153
Camp Coyoacan(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$141
US$137
Hotels.com
US$158
TripAdvisor
All reviewslaid backrooms are smallgreat local placefresh water pooloff season rateskind of placeshort drivejukeboxtvsandbeachportpetdunesurftexascoast
Reviewed 19 October 2017

If you are just looking for a place to spend the night without any luxury then this is your place,rooms are pretty small and just have the bare basics,if you are looking for luxury then keep looking. The place overall could be really nice if they put some money into it,tried to eat at the cafe but never could get waited on due to having only one waitress on duty so I went to Fins instead, For now with a shortage of places to stay since Harvey hit it was ok for me but watch out when the other places get going again! wifi was hit and miss and the parking lot is rather small and rough.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank jrb642016
Reviewed 13 August 2017

What great local place, laid back, friendly, beach vibe, food and fun. We miss the old juke box but the replacement still has all the great songs!, this is island old school, the basics is all you need no frufru here. We love the friendly staff, no shoes required and right on the beach access. Rooms are simple but adequate, they have gone to great lengths to fix the place up with fresh paint and some landscaping, the fresh water pool is a great way to rinse before going in for some oyster baskets, crab legs and cold beers! We are already planning our next escape back to the lodge!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles C
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I had a day to enjoy Port A and decided to try this little beachside lodge. I could only get one night for the cheap price so I took that one night and then came home. The single room was spotless and had the essentials. Bed, bath, and tv. We all lived outside by the pool with our coolers and hot plates, and the place is the most relaxed and friendly in Port A. I will be back. And the waiter, David, is a master!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank americantravelers_7
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

To be fair and equitable I will start with the good points. The location of the hotel is excellent and right on the beach. The staff was very friendly. The restaurant combined with a bar had a wonderful view of the beach. The floor and bathroom of our room appeared to be very clean. They were polite and refunded our money when I pointed out our mattress condition.
Due to the bedbug outbreak in the United States I am very diligent about inspecting our mattresses. I was horrified to discover that the mattresses had black stains that were very similar to pictures of bedbug infestation. The room has a very small window air conditioner that does not seem to be very efficient and perhaps the stains on the mattress were mildew stains.
Regardless, I will never sleep on a mattress that looks like the mattresses in this hotel. I have attached pictures.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
14  Thank lupiemom
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I have been here several times with family, my wife and by myself. Go for the view and the fact you are literally on the beach watching the Gulf. Service is slow, you have to be ok with seeing a cat occasionally and your bartender or waitress may be smoking - it's that kind of place - but there are not many places you get this view (I have been up and down other sides of the coast in Texas and Florida and there are just not that many right on the beach.) I have seen preppy looking folks walk out due to the service while others waited patiently for their relatively cheap beers. Off season rates are good if you like cheaper beers like PBR or Miller High life Light ($2.50 tallboys). Food is typical bar food but breakfast is pretty good.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple