All reviews great playground basketball court beds were comfortable bbq port pits hammocks texas cart
Reviewed 26 November 2018 via mobile

Pros: 1. Cheap before paying $20 a night for two small dogs. 2. Pool and hot tub were clean. 3. Beds were comfortable. 4. Fairly clean except for a few small roaches. 5. A/C worked good. 6. Nice people.

Cons: 1. $20.00 a night for two dogs and there were grass burrs EVERYWHERE. 2. Grass burrs were on the playground, around the basketball court so when the ball went off the concrete you got stickers in it and your hands. 3. The basketball net has a huge hole in it. 4. Room very dark, took shades off of lamps to see better. 5. VERY few electrical outlets - none in the bathroom. 6. The bathroom light switch was outside the bathroom. 7. No counter space in bathroom, unless you count the back of the toilet. 8. Bathroom door was broken. 9. The bathtub was in bad shape, would NOT take a bath in it. 10. Remote control not set up for that tv. 11. No coffee in the room.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DonnaRA
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

I wish that we would have realized how bad this place was before we got to the motel. Needless to say, we didn’t use the bathtub. It was a very uncomfortable night & we canceled our reservation for the next night.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank hopek456
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Old motel with a new update...thanks to Harvey...great playground...BBQ pits..beautiful pool...tasty breakfast...comfy rooms!! We will be back!!! Great staff! Close to everything and very peaceful...Cart rental right across the street...cafe next door!! Ice cream shop on premises!! Great!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018

My husband, son, and I decided to stay here due to the prices ( I now know not to do this...). After viewing the pictures online, I was hooked. I had driven by this place while in Port A because we travel here at least twice a year. Pictures were great! I had to call to book because online it wouldn't allow me to book a King Non-smoking when I added my son, who is three years old. I was quoted$ 89.99 for a Thursday and $159.00 for Fri and Sat. I looked up their sales tax and found it was 13%. So I already knew more or less how much I'd pay.

I tried calling Wednesday night to confirm our reservation but no one answered...This was around 4-5pm. So the next day, I called around 8am to confirm and someone answered.

When we check in, they first tell us our total is $519 (over $500, not exactly sure on the rest). I questioned it...it didn't sound right. So the lady stated, they were charging us $159 a night. So she corrected it and it came down to $479.... It didn't sound right but husband said not to worry about it. LATER, I find out it was $98.99. I was misquoted!

After paying, I am writing my information on the card they have us fill out. At the bottom reads, "NO REFUNDS" In big bold letters. I ask the lady, who I find out is the owner at this point,"Since I paid...does this mean I can't ask for an early check out and get a refund?" She just flat out shakes her head answering ...No. I was furious! We were planning on checking out early to maybe spend a day in Corpus but that plan changed.

This was only the beginning... when we get to the room we had no cable or TV. I honestly knew about the cable not working but figured the TV could be used if we hooked a dvd or something. My fault for not asking.

The bathroom light kept flickering off...we couldn't keep the door closed without the light going out.

The shower temperature was reversed.... so we didn't realize this until day 2 that the cold was the hot water.

She does NOT have free ice... she charges her ice.

We didn't get fresh towels daily like promised. We had to ask for them more than once. The bed was uncomfortable but not sure if I can blame them on that.

I understand that this hotel is a small one but charging this price with this condition of rooms is ridiculous! Fix the hotel before charging a lot. I don't call this a resort....we are never coming back again.

Room tip: Come back to this hotel when they've recovered from the Hurricane.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Rooms where very small and had roaches, smoke alarm battery was dying told front office nothing was done about it. Rooms where hot and beds where hard. Probably good for a one night stay but for the prices you pay, you would think it would be nicer!

Trip type: Travelled with friends