All reviews no vacancy place to stay definitely stay here again holiday weekend continental breakfast first floor stove hurricane refrigerator
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Our room was completely renovated, King Bed, Stove, Coffee Maker, Refrigerator, clean, very comfortable, continental breakfast, heated pool. Convenient to restaurants and bars, local grocery almost nextdoor. Thanks, we will be back

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018

My favorite place to stay in Port A! Always friendly, clean, professional and close to all you want to do in Port A. My favorite room is the suite, but all the rooms are great. Walking distance to many places to eat and drink! Close to the beach and fishing excursions also!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

In October 2017, I booked a room (at a different hotel) for a December 2017 trip. I received several confirmation emails from the hotel that we had booked, including two the week of the trip.
We drove four hours to get there. When we arrived, there are mattresses in the parking lot and the entire place is torn apart. No front office. No employees. No hotel signs. I called the number that was listed on my confirmation and it was a cell phone. I called again. No answer. A few minutes later, someone calls me back. He said that he was the hotel manager. I asked him what was going on with the hotel. He replied with "we were damaged in Hurricane Harvey, so we are closed." We start to panic. It is 36 degrees outside and we have no place to stay.
Driving through town, the hotels that are open all say “No vacancy”. They are all partially closed for post-Harvey repairs and rooms are full because of the holiday weekend as well as all of the contractors who are in town.

My boyfriend stops at the Allister Square Inn. He walks into the front office and pleads our case. They were SO INCREDIBLY helpful. We needed three nights and they gave us two. They were booked, but able to move things around to help us for a couple of nights.
We checked into our blissfully warm room. A few minutes later, the front desk calls to say that she could get us a room for Sunday night as well. Thank you!!! The only caveat is that we will have to change rooms for one night. We were just grateful to have a roof over our heads. We agreed.
A couple of minutes later, the front desk called again. They moved things around AGAIN and told us that we would not have to move rooms at all. I offered them a hug and chocolate, lol!

They went ABOVE AND BEYOND to help us. We were in a bad situation and they did everything they could, and MORE, to accommodate us. I am so grateful to you.
The hotel was nice and clean and the location was perfect. I will definitely stay here again and again.
Your hotel staff is amazing, kind, and I cannot thank you enough for rescuing us on a birthday weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My family stayed at the Alister Square Inn for 4 nights in mid October this year. Just a few weeks after devastating Henry took it’s toll on the island. It was so very comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the stay very much! Beds were a bit too firm but otherwise was very nice. Maid service was well organized and did a thorough job daily. Was extremely pleased with the price of the room. We have stayed on the island many times but always rent a cabin close to the beach. This motel was very affordably priced and in good shape on the second floor after the hurricane. The ground floor was under construction when we were there and we were never bothered with loud noises or anything. Fantastic choice for the family!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Luck to find vacancy on The Island close to the Fishing Docks so soon after the Hurricane.Hotel was flooded on the first floor and closed for repairs.However the second floor rooms were not damaged.Every thing,phoned.wi-fy,air conditioner,micro wave and fridge .Room was spotless.beds were comfortable..shower was very clean..would never guess room would be so good after looking at the damage on the Island.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time ..at least a week.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo