All reviews master blaster water park riverbend cabins original park wasser haus schlitterstein lofts early access park closes full kitchen general public staying on site tree haus comal river old section after hours swim up bar bedroom cabin
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Positive: They are working hard to remodel.
Con: whomever thought a lady would like this bathroom sink arrangement? Fail. The sink is nice.. But really only an inch on all four sides for the cabinet? Cannot set your toiletries, makeup, hairbrush & curling iron? Only mirror in bathroom, so no cannot sit anywhere in room to apply? Come on, fellas give a girl a break! Plus no light in closet.

Positive: was clean, bed comfortable, ac awesome
Staff was wonderful & helpful. Location great, time, train wasn’t annoying. My favorite rooms here are the ones with full kitchen. We do come every year. Just tweaking pretty please. Thank you

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Christina C, Guest Relations Manager at The Resort at Schlitterbahn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Yes! We love it when the bike tour comes to visit. This group is always so friendly and fun. I would like to thank you for staying with us every year. As a lady myself I understand the struggle. Unfortunately some of our buildings were designed with bathroom sizes that are not able to accommodate all of the things we require to create perfection. Next time you come let us know in advance so we can make sure to get you into a room that has great lighting and space for all your toiletries. I am glad you did get to enjoy our full kitchens, they do make traveling so much easier. We take a lot of pride in providing great service to all of our guests, so I will be happy to share your kind words with the rest of the team. We look forward to your next visit, and don't forget to contact us ahead of time so we can make sure to get in in the right room.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Really enjoyed going here... however, still prefer the South Padre locale. Lots of great rides, wonderful lazy river, food a little pricey but when is it not :)

Remember to bring sunscreen and maybe a waterproof container for your phone!

Stayed: July 2018
Christina C, Guest Relations Manager at The Resort at Schlitterbahn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you for the excellent review. We love your feedback. South Padre does have some great rides! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

My family stayed here earlier this month in one of the riverbend cabins. I do not understand all of the 5 star reviews for this park as a whole. We were so disappointed considering how much money we spent.

The park: The park is in desperate need of upkeep. It just felt dirty the entire time we were there and could have used some general maintenance - paint, replace tattered ropes, etc. I would not expect a complete overhaul, but there are obvious maintenance issues that could be addressed. We decided to not eat the food, so I cannot comment on that.

The rides: The rides are fun. My boys, who are 7 and 4, enjoyed most of the rides - at least the 7 rides we rode during our 2 days there. Yes, I said 7 rides. The lines to the rides are crazy long. The first ride we went on we waited an hour to ride and realized this was not going to work with younger kids. We felt forced to by the blast pass for one of the days we were there, which allows you to schedule your ride time. The blast pass worked great, but it costs an extra $35 per person per day. After spending $1200.00 for 2 nights and waterpark admission, we were not thrilled to spend more.

The cabin: Now to the cabin. When we booked this riverbend cabin online, we expected a cabin on the riverbend just like they were advertised online. Let me just say, not all riverbend cabins are created equal. We booked a one bedroom cabin. There are some cabins that are updated and located directly on the riverbend, but our cabin, cabin 513, was not. This cabin was located by some kind of maintenance building and was so far away from the riverbend that we could barely see it. The cabin itself was awful - dingy and outdated. I called the front desk and spoke with a manager about the difference between our cabin and the ones located directly on the riverbend, she said they were all updated at the same time. I am here to tell you that they might have been updated at the same time, but the update was not equal across all cabins. I was able to peek inside one the cabins directly behind the master blaster and it was way nicer than ours. The manager admitted that our cabin was away from everything and not on the riverbend, but did not offer us anything to remedy the issue. Yes, I looked at all available options the park has for lodging.

Bottom line - the rides were fun, but the park itself was gross. I think if we had been able to retreat to a nicer cabin on the riverbend, we might have been able to salvage the vacation, considering what we spent. I tried to explain this to the manager I spoke with and just got an apology. My sweet family of 4, including my kiddos, have decided never again for Schlitterbahn.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

I have to say this review is very disappointing to me. Our cabins are one of my favorite areas on the resort. Given the layout of the land not all of them can be right on the river, however they all do have a river view. I want to sincerely apologize that we could not accommodate moving your location, summer is a really busy season and all of the rooms are occupied which leaves little room for movement. But of course we want all of our guest to enjoy their experience with us and we are deeply sorry that we were not able to accomplish that during your stay. I can certainly understand how one thing can lead to another and it creates a snowball effect. And although we do not operate the waterpark I will definitely make sure they receive a copy of your feedback. I do hope that you will give the resort another opportunity to provide a great destination for your family vacation. We are open all year round and there are several things to do in our beautiful city for all ages. Should you ever change your mind please feel free to reach out to me directly. ccastilla@gmail.com

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Why would anyone stay here over a regular hotel? The thermostat was always running too cold but if you turned it off it would be too hot. I can appreciate the walking distance, shuttle and park admission included in the cost but it was not enough to make up for staying in an old room.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Diego A
Christina C, Guest Relations Manager at The Resort at Schlitterbahn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us about your experience during your stay. I am very saddened to hear that you were less than impressed with your room. I am going to assume that you stayed on the original "Camp Landa" side of the property. Although we take pride in the history of our resort the "vintage" look is not for everyone. I am pleased to inform you that we are renovating several of these rooms this year and look forward to the finished product. We do have over 11 sections with just over 100 renovated rooms to choose from that I am positive will meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to go over all that the resort has to offer. ccastilla@schlitterbahn.com

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

The beds are a tad hard, but the room was very clean. The bathroom was spotless. The kitchen was perfect. The waterpawas very clean and the staff was especially helpful. They gave us a map of nearby stores and places of interest as well.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us about your experience. We take so much pride in providing the best guest experiences that I am sure the team will love to hear your feedback. There is so much to do in this beautiful city perhaps the next time you stay you can take advantage of one of the packaged add-ons we offer to get the full experience. We hope that you will visit us again soon.