All reviews indoor pool room was clean wet bar would stay here again parking lot gruene interstate
Reviewed 6 July 2018

The Quality Inn & Suites was the first hotel off the exit. There are bunch there but all fancy named hotels that you know were going to gouge you for being summer. The Quality looks like it was just renovated and had a nice lobby and breakfast area. The rooms were great nd mine was huge. A Queen Suite that was nice. The older pictures from travelers look like they are 5 years or more older so don't let that fool you. Staff was nice, really convenient to a bunch of restaurants. Parking lot was well lit. Ice machines could use some work they seemed to be dripping for a while. I didn't expect a fitness room. Other than old tv the equipment is new and as nice as the Hilton Garden Inn stuff I use when travel.

I'll stay here again, which is a key indicator for me, if passing thru again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Debra H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will be staying here again. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Top issues were we ordered and paid for 2 rooms with 2 beds each and got 2 rooms with 1 bed each. Hotel blamed booking agent and booking agent blamed hotel, neither tried to make it right. We were charged 3 $50 “incidental” charges that took over 2 weeks to be credited back to my account only to find $10.10 charge added after the refunded $150. I called and they said it was a “extra city tax”.
Staff was friendly but inept and just paid lip service.
Come to NB every year and will never stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We appreciate positive and negative feedback from our guests. We take what our guest tell us and apply them to our training in our to serve our guest better.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel was fine for the price. The front desk guy was pretty unfriendly but we got our room quickly. The room was clean and huge compared to other hotel rooms. We did have to turn on our air but the room cooled off quickly. We also noticed that one of the side entrance doors at the end of one of the staircases was completely messed up to the point that the door didn't even fit in the door frame anymore. This means the door cannot shut or lock and anyone can walk in. Not a huge deal but this is a potential safety concern that I think the hotel should look into. I noticed some reviews complaining about towels. I would be protective of my towels too if I owned a hotel near a waterpark. I'm sure they have had more than one disappear. Just keep that in mind when you feel questioned. You may not be planning on taking any but other people surely have. Ultimatly, we would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I will preface this by saying that this hotel was not my first choice but Spring Break in South Texas is a busy time and this is all I could get a couple of weeks before arrival.

The rooms are recently renovated and our Queen Suite was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and it was nice to have the wet bar area with sink, microwave and fridge. There were some crumbs on the floor around fridge that were missed by housekeeping before we checked in.

Even though our room was initially clean, there were too many issues with the hotel that need to be dealt with by management but based on the attitudes I received from the girls at the front desk, I highly doubt anything will get addressed.

1. The volume on the TV CAN NOT be adjusted lower than a 10. It will go a lot louder of course, but will not go any lower which is an issue when you are traveling with a child and you need a quiet area for sleep. The girl at the front desk stated the volume does not go any lower and that no one had ever complained which I doubt. The only way to slightly adjust the volume is to go into the settings and override the setting from daytime volume to night time volume. It will remain on 10 but it is not blaring like it was
before.

2. Housekeeping did a poor job on cleaning the room. We stayed Mon-Thursday for a three night stay. When we returned to our room at almost 9 pm. our room had not been cleaned. Beds were not made, trash had not been emptied and only one towel had been replaced even though I left all the other towels in the shower before we left. Wed when we returned to the room, the bed had been made by throwing the blankets back and throwing the pillows on the bed in no particular order. Only one trash can had been emptied and once again, only one towel. I went back downstairs to complain and ask for extra towels and I was questioned regarding the towels. I told the girl she could come up to my room and see for her self and she said that was not necessary. I told her it was since she was taking an accusatory tone with me. Way to make your guests feel like thieves.

3. Do not get a room on the right side of the hallway if you are a light sleeper. You will hear all the noise from the interstate and the a/c does not block out the noise because it makes noise as well. The curtains and shades did not close all the way in our room and I had to resort to using pillows and cushions to block out the sun as much as possible.

4. Only two luggage racks for the entire hotel during a very busy week like Spring Break. I ended up making three trips to my car and up to the room to unload everything.

5. Trash in the parking lot and in the entry area stayed there our entire stay.

6. Too many shady people hanging out in the lobby and parking lot late at night.

7. Based on the number of signs I saw, I am guessing that there have been a number of car break ins and that did not make me feel comfortable leaving my car in the lot overnight.

8. Our last night, my son and I got stuck in the elevator for about a minute. We got up to our floor and the door did not open at all. The elevator reset itself and we went back to the first floor. When we got off, I told the girl at the front desk and she shrugged and said it happens. My son has difficulty climbing stairs due to muscle disorder and we had to use the stairs to get up to our room on the third floor. While I was waiting to speak to someone about the elevator, a woman with a baby got stuck as well.

9. No hot water for two days in the shower and almost no water pressure in the toilet either.

10. And now for the reason I will never stay here again. When we checked in, I was asked for my CC which is standard practice. I was told it was only for incidentals and I told her that I did not want my room charge placed on my card and she stated again it was only for incidentals. I did not want any charges on that card and I did not authorize my room charges to be placed on that card. When I checked out on Thursday morning, I found out that my room charges had been charged to that card WHEN WE CHECKED IN ON MONDAY. Once again, I DID NOT AUTHORIZE MY ROOM CHARGES TO BE PLACED ON THAT CARD. I WAS TOLD IT WAS ONLY FOR INCIDENTALS ONLY. I argued with her and she stated that I had booked a prepaid rate which I did not and therefore, the charges could not be reversed. Nowhere on the reservation from Choice Hotels did it say it was a prepaid rate. I even showed her the email and she was not interested in hearing what I had to say. I wanted to pay cash at check out because I did not want a hold placed on my card for up to 7 days which has happened many times. She said that the reservation from Choice Hotels showed it was prepaid and that I needed to take it up with them. I am disputing the charge with my bank since I did not authorize the charges on my card other than the incidentals.

I asked to speak to a Manager and was told no one was available.

I will tell everyone I know to avoid this place. There are far too may choices in the area.

I gave it a two only because the beds were comfortable and that's it. The only other plus was there are plenty of restaurants within a few min drive. San Marcos Outlet mall is 10 exits up the road. Walmart, HEB, and Buc-cees a few min away.

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing the interstate. Very poor sound insulation and you can hear the traffic all night long. Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Our room was larger than the typical queen-bed studio suite. Even with the sofa bed extended, we had ample floor space. Having a wet bar in the room was nice. All this alone was fantastic for the rate we paid. The indoor pool, however, was terribly cold and effectively unusable. The hot tub was okay. The 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. pool/hot-tub hours effectively rule out morning use for departing guests. The lobby and breakfast area are very attractive, with a modern look. We ran across one problem with the breakfast, though: The hotel did not have any waffle-iron spray, and the breakfast attendant didn't seem to think that was a problem. The waffle iron was definitely not a no-stick variety.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family