All reviews room was clean biscuits and gravy waffles continental breakfast would stay here again boiled eggs first floor the breakfast area front desk staff checking out great place to stay san antonio easy access cereal internet microwave tx
Reviewed 4 September 2018

This hotel is typical tourist hotel. That is, generally comfortable but nothing special. I was a long term stay at the hotel and had negotiated a daily rate with the hotel management. When the 'high season' began the hotel persuaded me to move into a less nicer room, although the hotel didn't offer a corresponding reduction in the rate. The hotel was quiet during the week, but noisy during the weekend. Not surprising considering the generally low brow tourist clientele. The house keeping staff would prop open the doors in order to air the rooms once the guests had departed. I was amused that people could trash rooms during their relatively brief stays. Judging by the empty cans and bottles, I suspect alcohol played a significant role in this behavior. The hotels was not particularly well constructed. The walls are wafer thin, resulting in the irritation of having to listen to late night conversations. Alcohol consumers tend to talk loud. You were able to feel vibration even if small children ran up and down the hallway. Once the hair dryer holder fell out of the wall. With the exception of one or two house keepers, none appeared to possess even a working knowledge of English. One house keeper would bring a toddler to work. On several occasions I saw the baby unattended. In the mornings the house keepers would begin knocking on doors of the now empty guest rooms. In hotels that cater to professionals, the house keepers would procure a list of guests that had already departed the hotel so as not to constantly knock on the doors and disturb the guests that were still trying to rest. But not here. I also noticed that that a few of the house keepers tended to frequently using their cell phones. As a result I noticed that the rooms were not being cleaned up in a timely manner. I also noticed that the night clerks appeared to be somewhat complacent. Once I misplaced my truck keys. I asked the clerk if the keys had been turned in. He made a cursory search of one drawer and proclaimed that my keys had not been turned in. Actually they had, but were in another drawer, which he had not bothered to look in. If he had, I would have been spared the expense of having a locksmith gain entry to my truck. In the very early morning I would leave for Starbucks and returned an hour later. I noticed that the clerk would not even look up from his computer when I passed him. On another occasion he put out the breakfast food but was in such a hurry to return to playing on the computer, he forgot to put out the various eating and food retrieval utensils. On yet another occasion a few kids were being loud and rowdy on the third floor at about 11;30 pm. They had obviously been drinking and were using filthy language. I confronted them and was deluged with more filthy language. The kids also begin to bang on my door. I called the night clerk and requested that he summon the police. Without even asking me what the problem was, simply responded "We don't call the police". Due to the high crime in that area, my truck was broken into while parked in the Microtel parking lot. A few items were removed. I summoned a police officer who requested that the hotel allow him to view the security camera video. I noticed that the hotel manager appeared to be reluctant to extend the police officer that courtesy. The manager also appeared to be sullen. I asked asked the police officer if he had noticed the hotel manager's attitude. He replied that he had and that the manager's attitude was typical of the New Braunfels area hotel managers. I guess they were afraid that having the police respond to the hotel would frighten the guests. On another occasion I looked out of my room window and saw a guy walking between the cars in the parking lot. He appeared to be looking in the windows of each one. I immediately reported this to the night clerk who showed an amazing lack of interest. On yet another occasion I saw a couple remove a large amount of garbage from the trunk of their car. Instead of depositing it in the many trash cans at the hotel, proceeded to shove their garbage under the hedges. I yelled at them and they quickly retrieved the garbage. I also immediately reported the incident to the hotel, who again showed little interest.

Room Tip: Choose a room opposite the main road. Park vehicle in lighted area covered by security camera. Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
MasterkeyHospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Guest,

We are so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with our hotel was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Our experience at this Inn was great. This was the first time for us to stay at a Microtel Inn & Suites and was leary but the stay was great. The service was excellent but I would go out to eat for breakfast if you want a healthy breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MasterkeyHospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on providing guests with clean, comfortable rooms and excellent service, and your comments let us know we are achieving that goal! We appreciate your time and feedback, and look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

This is ALWAYS my first pick for price, quality and location. Best value for the price. The only down side is the parking lot gets crowded quick but if you're there before 7ish you'll be fine. Literally MINUTES away from everything you could need.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MasterkeyHospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. Our team works hard to ensure a satisfying experience for all our guests and we are pleased to hear that yours was a satisfying stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Our room smelled incredibly fresh and was very clean. Breakfast was okay but the lady clearing it basically ran over me to get done.

Also, make sure you take everything with you. Leave nothing behind. It may not be returned! My daughter left a silver necklace on the restroom sink when we checked out. Of course, when we called about the necklace, nobody knew nothing!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MasterkeyHospitality, Hotel Marketing Agency at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay. It's great to hear that our staff was accommodating and polite, however, I do regret that you experienced several shortcomings during your stay. I have communicated these issues with the appropriate department to look into it. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to be able to exceed your expectations in the future!

Managment Team

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Run down. Bad service. Tiny room. Yes it had the amenities advertised. But they were all to the minimum extent possible. Very loud. Lots of kids running down the halls. Staff had to be asked for help because they wouldn’t look up from their phones.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MasterkeyHospitality, Others at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We regret inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We truly appreciate your honest feedback and your suggestions will help us improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the issues and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.