All reviews typical courtyard paddle boards nicest courtyard pontoon boat fire pit beautiful hotel breakfast buffet an upgrade lobby area picnic tables outdoor pool mini fridge family vacation san antonio balcony property gruene
Reviewed 5 October 2018

I have stayed in this hotel on two other occasions. Both times I had reserved river views (recommended) and found the rooms to be pleasant and the staff friendly. I enjoyed sitting on the little postage stamp patio and enjoying a cup of tea while looking at the river. The third time was not the charm, however. First, I am a Platinum member, which qualifies for an upgrade (if available), but this room, located on the 4th floor was the worst if have had out of my three stays there. There were visible cracks in the wall and the paint by the window was chipping off. Also, there was a distinct odd smell that I had not noticed on previous visits. Perhaps they changed cleaning supplies, or perhaps it was the scent aerator in the hallway I saw near the elevator. Anyway, if this had been my first stay, I might not have had three stays at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
VanessaR5171, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Courtyard Marriott New Braunfels River Village. Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of myself and the entire team at Courtyard Marriott New Braunfels Rivers Village, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback you provided has been shared with our engineering team to ensure we evaluate the issue in the room you occupied and that we consistently deliver upon guest expectations. Our housekeeping has also changed out the scent aerators by the elevators to ensure the fresh smell is accommodating.

As a Valued Customer and Platinum Rewards Member, feel free to reach out to me regarding your addressed concerns. Thank you for choosing us to accommodate you during another one of your travels. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to New Braunfels.

Vanessa R
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I stay in many Marriott hotels around the USA for work but this is by far the most beautiful property! You feel transported to another place. It was such a nice change from the highway view I get in most hotels I stay at! The only slightly negative thing I would say is the bed sheets were starchy and the pillows, while many of them, were all big. That may be a positive for some though. I prefer to sleep on a flat pillow.
The staff were lovely and I wish I'd had more than one night regardless of the bed!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a river view!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2018

After staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on South Padre Island, a hotel that the rooms remind one of more of a rundown motel then a Hilton, The Courtyard by Marriott was a Welcome relief! Everything was as a hotel of this caliber and price range SHOULD HAVE. No complaints. We did not eat here, but we went to Blackbeards BBQ and were Very disappointed, perhaps we should have. Everything was Excellent. I need to go to this area again next year, and I will DEFINITELY stay here.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2018

This is beautiful hotel. The surrounding area is amazing. This hotel sets on a river and has beautiful outdoor areas. The rooms were new and very clean. The service was efficient and friendly. If you are visiting New Braunsfels and want a wonderful place to stay check out this hotel. I plan on visiting again very soon for couples get away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river with a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days in August and was extremely pleased! We were there for a wedding and had everything we needed for a great experience. The view of the Guadalupe River was fabulous! The area by the river is just loaded with things to do for the family. Be sure to get a room with the river view. This hotel was clean and very accommodating!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple