“Excellent Mexican Fusion Cuisine”
Review of Soto's Kitchen

Soto's Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 156 Restaurants in Missouri City
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 October 2015

A comfortable and welcoming establishment run by Maya who is a wonderful chef. Mercedes at my Hampton Hotel down the street recommended that I deliver myself into Maya's hands for dinner and was extremely pleased that I did so.
Maya prepared the tastiest dish imaginable.
The plate that arrived in front of me had two very tender servings of fajita flavored flank steak topped by 3 large garlic grilled shrimp mounted atop the steak and garnished with a feathered slice of avocado. Along side this tower of flavor was a honey glazed and grilled red jalapeno all resting on a sauce of yellow pineapple/jalapeno fusion.
I would have licked the plate clean if I thought I could have gotten away with it.

Other items I have eaten here included a very savory piping hot bowl of tender fajita meat resting on grilled onions and accompanied by fresh homemade guacamole and salsa with rice and beans and wheat tortillas to create your own fajita wraps.

Other times I have ordered Maya's chicken and cheese stuffed and grilled poblano peppers which were simply delicious. This is a great restaurant!

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank PBlyth

Reviewed 6 September 2015

Excellent food and service. Facility is small and sometimes a wait is required. Menu is better than typical, some creative items on menu that we find excellent. The smaller facility can provide a quiet more personal meal.

Date of visit: April 2015
1  Thank Fred T
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Started with a Friday afternoon happy hour margarita (and ordered a second!). Fresh chips and salsa, nicely spiced. Tried the house special - cuban chicken. Cooked nicely, large chicken breast, comes with a very garlicy chimichurri sauce, suggest you order it on the side and add the amount you want.

Date of visit: August 2015
1  Thank Ed K
Reviewed 14 August 2015

atmosphere - very nice; service - excellent, margaritas; yummy and only $4 HH; food: so-so. Several had the shrimp enchiladas and we felt the red sauce was too overbearing. Fajitas were reported to be very good, fish, shrimp tacos very good (but small). 2 HH marg's, beef fajitas, shrimp enchiladas $40.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Soto's has a good, trendy vibe with modern Latin foods. The Sienna location is small, so I wouldn't say it is a good choice for a group. I love it for a date night with the hubs near home. It reminds me of inner loop places I went back when we lived in the Heights. I also really liked the drink menu, especially their special Margaritas.

Date of visit: September 2014